two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Night Adventures!

Well we have yet again had to make another trip to the emergency room! I think this is trip #4 since October. We go for a variety of reasons, ear aches, fevers, second degree burns on foot(Dad), etc. This time it was another ear ache. Poor Max! He was absolutely fine yesterday, no complaints(other then the shirt he was asked to wear that morning and didn't)and five minutes after going to bed he starts crying, complaining that his ear hurt. At first we didn't really know what was going on but after 2 hours of the on and off crying and a dose of ibuprofen we decided he should probably go in otherwise we will all be losing sleep tonight. Josh decided that he would take him this time(as the mom I felt horrible for not taking him since I have every other time but sometimes moms just need a break from the E.R.'s)and so they set off around 10pm. I soon received a call from Josh stating that they were to expect a 2-3 hour wait since there were 12 ahead of them(Josh was not thrilled)and out of frustration I hear "it better be an ear infection after all this!" Needless to say they arrived home at 2:30AM and I couldn't help but laugh at what Josh had to say. After waiting over an hour they were FINALLY called back, which led to another 1.5 hour wait. Josh began to vent his frustration to me(in his own words)about what it was like to wait with Max in the room. I first heard how Max insisted on talking and talking loudly the ENTIRE time(this came as no surprise to me), I also heard how the Dr. was a little on the heavy side to which Max referred to him as "the big belly doctor"(yes I'm already embarrassed hearing this story)and felt the need to say it more then once. But what made me laugh the most was during the very long wait Max began to yell "DOCTOR...WE NEED A DOCTOR IN HERE!" Josh explained how he initially tried to quiet Max, who was yelling quite loudly but then thought(and yes I'm going to use some more appropriate wording)you know what go ahead and yell, we've been waiting over an hour, maybe someone will actually come in. Sure enough here came the "big belly doctor" apologizing for the wait and sending them on their merry way with a diagnosis of an ear infection. On the way out, Max, having to always get the last word/words in stated that he didn't get his sticker and snack. I'm thinking that I'll be taking him to the next E.R. visit.

1 comment: