two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Continued...

As the week went on I was becoming more and more uncomfortable. And with the warm weather we had been having my toes and ankles were huge by mid-day. I continued to work my half days but even that was miserable. I also decided to stop seeing client's that week. Gosh could you imagine if I had gone into labor at a client's home, YIKES!

Oh I had also lost my cell phone to the bathtub that week(something that is becoming quite common with my phones). Great! So now if/when I go into labor I have no way of calling Josh or anyone else for that matter. Luckily I had insurance on the phone so within a day I had my replacement but had lost all numbers. I swear if it's not one thing it's another!

Friday morning was no different then any other morning had been over the past month or so. I didn't sleep much at all. I remember getting up at 4AM after a good hour of tossing and turning and made myself a bowl of cereal. Back to bed and up at 6AM, again enjoying a nice big bowl of cereal.

Arrived at work at 8AM and was counting down the minutes until I could go back home and lay on the couch. Soon after arriving at work I began getting really uncomfortable again, really by this point it was the norm. Sitting was never good for me. My back was killing me and it seemed like every 5 minutes or so it would just come in waves. But I was determined to make it through because I had important conference call with a client. I soon learned that was not going to happen.

I decided to place a call to the clinic to see if they would let me come in and get checked. I did NOT want to go to the hospital because I knew it was too early and more then likely I would be sent home.

And for those of you who have been pregnant you all know how discouraging it is towards the end to go in thinking you're in labor and be sent home. It's a total bummer!

A nurse soon called me back, I explained what was going on and she tells me "well you need to go in!"  I was very adamant about not wanting to go in but she insisted saying "but this is your second you could go quickly!" Sigh.

So I left work, called Josh and believe it or not I even insisted on going by myself but he wasn't too keen on that idea so I picked him up. It's not as funny as you think but I know some get a big kick out of picturing the pregnant wife picking up her husband. We arrive and get settled in to the triage room and soon learn that my contractions are 2-3 minutes apart, hmm....I really thought I would of had more pain. We then waited about an hour to be checked. Unfortunately my doctor was on vacation and we later learned that every room on that floor was full. Nothing had changed. I was still at 3 but due to Lila's heart rate increasing a little too much, along with my blood pressure increasing we were told to stick around, walk, and see if anything happens.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment