Well the garage sale didn't go over too bad considering it rained the whole weekend. I guess that's just how it goes. You chose a weekend months ahead of time and of course it rains. But as I said it wasn't too bad and we managed to have steady traffic most of the time. I even managed to get sell two of our "bigger items" a train table and a little tykes car, YES! I was hoping I wouldn't have to drag that train table back inside.
Overall most people were pleasant and just about all paid the asking price, that is until the very last person showed up on Saturday. A middle aged woman comes walking up the driveway speaking english clear as day but when she's ready to buy she decides a language barrier is necessary in order for her to get what she wants. On a side note I can't help but laugh at something Josh said a few weeks ago it went something like this:
"Do people not realize the groups of individuals you and I both work with on a day to day basis?! We see through everything. All the crap and manipulations."
This is SO true, now back to the final customer. She walks up to the table where my sister and I were sitting and drops a huge pile of clothing down and asks for us to take a lower price. At first I thought there was an item in particular she was talking about but no. No she wanted us to lower EVERYTHING! She then walked over to the table of baby clothes, grabbed a random pile, came back over and asked the same thing. Again we tried to figure out if there was something in particular she wanted us to lower but this is where she "pretended" that she couldn't speak english. Well we saw right through that and I finally told her that anything she brought up that was already under $1(which most of it was)I would not lower and whatever was over $1 I would charge her $1. All she did was shrug her shoulders. Seriously I have no tolerance for people like that. I mean it's one thing to ask for a price to be lowered on something that is priced high. A shirt for 25 cents is NOT that item! It's a garage sale, nothing was over priced, and if 25 cents is too much for you then STAY HOME. And another thing don't go to garage sales carrying your HUGE COACH PURSE! If you can afford that you can afford a shirt for 25 cents!!
Man she was exhausting. We were very happy to see her leave!
Aside from the rain the rest of the weekend went well. I had fun spending time with my mom, grandma, and sister and Josh had a good time at the cabin and brought back plenty of fish for us to enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment