two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

On The GO!

It's official, Lila is a walkin!

She been working hard at accomplishing this milestone for the past few weeks now but over this past weekend she really took off, literally!

I can't help but laugh at how cute she is. As of now the walk is more of a waddle, arms are usually sticking straight out as if she's reaching for you, all while laughing. If I had a video to post I would. I can easily get one however, for some reason or another blogger is not wanting to upload my videos. I'm not sure why and unfortunately I don't have time to sit and figure it out but I'll keep trying.

She's mastering this new task quite well and I would say that she's now walking a good 90-95% of the time. For those of you who were able to witness her whole awkward crawl thing, it's quickly becoming a thing of the past.
She has also discovered that walking will get her into even more mischief, as if crawling didn't provide her with enough opportunities. For example, yesterday while I was upstairs (on the third floor) attending to Max and two neighbor boys, Josh and Lila were downstairs or so I thought. We were soon greeted by a high pitched "high" coming from the 1yr old who snuck past dad, and the gate, making her way up not one flight but two flights of stairs. I just about had a heart attack! She of course thought her little stunt was hillarious.

She is definitely our child who needs constant supervision 100% of the time.

Aside from walking she continues to enjoy anyone who will give her their full undivided attention. She still loves to eat, loves her dolls and stuffed animals, and loves to get into whatever trouble she can. She's also quite the instigator when it comes to Max. We have already caught her tackling him from behind and hitting him with toys. Yes, she is already quite accustomed to "time outs." You may be wondering how do we time out a 1yr. old? It's actually quite simple. You bring her over to the step, sit her down, and explain why she is on a time out. All while she looks down at the floor, swinging those chubby legs of hers back and forth as if she's bored by the lecture (it's actually quite comical). And yes, she will sit there. Yesterday she stood up and Josh told her to sit back down (yesterday was not one of her best days) and she did, but she quickly stood up again and sat back down again, it soon became a game and Josh lost. The rule is for us to stay strong but when you start laughing you have lost all control.

She is without a doubt our little handful, but we still love her to pieces!


No comments:

Post a Comment