two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Summer NIghts!

Have I mentioned how much I love summer? Well in case you forgot, I love it a lot!
This past Saturday didn't start out so great. A high of 80 was predicted with sunny skies. At 12:30pm it was still cloudy and a whopping 61 degrees, but by 4:00pm the sun was shining and it was somewhere between 70 and 80 degrees. Max was having fun running around with the neighbor kids and a water war soon broke out. It was Josh against 4 kids all armed with super soakers, I'm pretty sure Josh was losing. Those kids were brutal!

I had decided to cut the grass during all this. Ah...it was peaceful! The sound of the lawn mower drowning out everyone else, I felt as if I was on some kind of mini vacation. I never cut the grass and by never I mean NEVER! I was probably about 13 years old the last time I cut the grass, however, I think I will be doing it more often. We soon learned how quickly the other dads in the neighborhood felt. They were quick to inform Josh how awesome it was that his wife was cutting the grass while he stood high on his deck spraying water at all the children, yes they were a bit envious.

We finished the day off with a bonfire requested by the four year old. He had been requesting a bonfire for quite sometime now. He was able to stay interested in the fire for all of 5 minutes, or until the marshmellows ran out. 
Connor and his cowboy boots, this kid cracks me up!
Visitors



No comments:

Post a Comment