two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Retail Therapy!

Since Josh headed south this past weekend to hunt I decided to head south myself and visit with the fam.

Friday was pretty low key, in fact now that it is Monday I really don't remember much of Friday. But Saturday we decided to head to the mall for a little shopping. Shopping adventures are always hit or miss when the children are with and this adventure was a total miss! I thought having my grandma and sister with would make it easier, but no. For the most part Lila was fine but the boy, ugh, not so much. It's not that he's bad, he's just 4. And because he's 4 he's unable to stand still or stay in one spot for any length of time. He also has to use the bathroom a million times. Seriously what is up with that? I mean do other kids find public bathrooms fun or is it just mine? I find them disgusting so having to make multiple trips to them is enough to put me over the edge. The boy also talks NON-STOP!! Not just to me but to anyone, mainly kids. He finds "friends" everywhere. For example the shoe department at Macys. I tell him we have to go and his reply is "but mom I'm pwaying wif my fwiends." Ah, no Max they're not your friends, you just met them 2 seconds ago. The shopping trip was cut short when I attempted to look at clothes and now Lila is screaming on top of Max's non-stop talking. I looked at my grandma and said "we're done" I can't hear myself think, I have no idea if that top is cute or not or if I even like the color because all I hear is the noise coming from the two kids that belong to me. I can easily ignore the screams coming from other kids but not my own. So off we went to the car to enjoy the relaxing ride home.

Later that night we enjoyed a fish fry with all my siblings which was tons of FUN! I don't even remember the last time we were all together. My brother Donny took Max to Toys R Us and he returned with yet another transformer toy and my brother David surprised Lila with a stuffed animal. And not just any stuffed animal, a GIANT dog about the size of me. Her reaction was more of shock and David responded with "too big?" She's slowly warming up to "Nelson" and was even jumping on him yesterday.

Sunday we made our way to church. Max was of course talking during much of the service, mainly asking for gum. I finally told him "you need to be patient and wait." His response was "mom God fo-gives and I want gum." Well at least he was listening to the sermon. My mom and I then made our way to the mall. I was dreading it somewhat but it actually went much better then the day before. Although again while in the shoe department(what is it with the shoe dept.)Max had to go to the bathroom, which came as no surprise considering he had just gone 2 minutes before. It was at that point that my mom looked at me and said "I can see how you get nothing done." But she did surprise me with a new pair of boots which I was super excited about. What is it about getting something new that just makes you feel better?!

We made the drive back home last night and I was able to play catch up with Josh about our weekend away. I was totally caught off guard when he told me that he has arranged a weekend in November to take the kids to his parents so that I can have a girls weekend. For all you moms out there you know how big of a deal this is. I am beyond EXCITED! It's been years since I've had a kid free girls weekend. So thank you!!

We topped off the night with a bowl of popcorn, a movie, and a reading of "The Very Itchy Bear!"

2 comments: