to go HUNTING!
I'm so proud!
Yes the first weekend of October officially kicked off the duck hunting season. Part of me 100% dreads this time of year but then there's that other part of me that kind of looks forward to it, this is the part of me I have yet to fully understand. You see this whole duck hunting hobby of Josh's means that he's away a lot in the months of October and November. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that he has this hobby and I know how much he looks forward to it every year, I get the whole male bonding thing because I love my "girl weekends" for the same reason. It's just too bad I don't have a hobby that lasts for two months because that would be amazing! I really missed the boat on that one. A few of my girlfriends and I have had these discussions before. We always come up with great ideas, scrapbook weekends, spa getaways, shopping trips, etc. But it's the whole following through thing we seem to struggle with. I don't know what's wrong with us?! We have supportive husbands who tell us "go and do what you want...." and we still don't. I don't know if it's mom guilt or what but we really need to start taking advantage of them telling us to "go!" I don't know, I think I could get use to relaxing at the spa with the girls and a glass of wine.
Aside from hunting we've been enjoying some unusually warm fall weather here in Duluth. I finally caved and turned the heat on the last Monday in September. I'd been freezing that whole month and just couldn't take it anymore. So of course the next day it was 70 degrees and of course it stuck around, so off went the heat.
The colors up here this fall have been AMAZING. Just GORGEOUS!
A view from our living room
I wish I'd had more time to go out and snap some more pics because WOW! I don't remember the last time we saw so many colors up here. Last weekend while Josh hunted my mom and I took the kids to apple fest in Bayfield, WI. What a ZOO! It was fun but way too many people crammed in a town with a population of 600.
Josh went and did a little more hunting this morning and came home with some ducks. Both Max and Lila think it's pretty cool. Max for obvious reasons, he's a boy and there's a cool dead bird on the table. And Lila, well she thinks it's some kind of stuffed animal. I've never seen a girl dance with excitement over dead ducks. Ah the little things in life!
This next weekend Josh is heading south to do more hunting and I'm thinking of heading south myself, to the cities that is. I wouldn't mind some female bonding over a trip to the mall. I might as well treat myself seeing as how that following Monday is my last day of clinicals for my CNA. I will finally be on the RN roster on the 19th and so begins the wait to officially start the program. I'm also looking forward to a break from classes until January.
So here's to hoping fall lasts a little longer!


No comments:
Post a Comment