two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

A "Girls Weekend!"

My first "Girls Weekend" since October of 2007 and it was so relaxing! Well, actually I have had many other weekends with just the girls but this was my first with no kids (thanks again to my husband and my in-laws) and that makes a difference.
It began on Friday at noon when we all left Duluth for the cities. After a quick stop at my parent's and a few hugs and kisses later they were on their merry way south. And we (my mom and sister) were in the midst of deciding how we should start the weekend. They thought we should start it off by taking a nap, ah what?! But that suggestion quickly went out the window when my sister said her naps are 3 hours long, so no naps. Instead we sat around chit chatting for awhile, made a trip to the grocery store for some junk food and headed out for chinese. Once back home we changed into our comfy clothes and sat in front of the tv for a few hours catching up on a variety of shows "Teen Mom," "The Duggars," "Hoarders" (that show always makes me feel so much better about myself and my house), etc.
But the best part of the weekend, sleeping in! I'm not embarrassed to say it, I slept until 10 both mornings. I would actually wake up, look at the clock, see that it was 8 and roll back over. AHHH.....!
Once we all dragged our self out of bed on Saturday, we picked up my grandma and headed to Albertville to hit up the outlet stores. Our first stop, COACH. The bummer was there was a line to get in because of the extra 20% off sale they had. Once we got in it was a mad dash to find the perfect purse. I kid you not at one point each of us had four purses in our hand, women are CRAZY! You definitely hold onto what you like, even if you only like it a little, you still protect it as if it's the one you want. Don't make any rash decisions. I lost track of how long we were actually in there but in the end we all walked out with a new purse including my grandma, 83 years old and bought her first COACH purse. It would of been a photo-op had I had my camera. Oh it was so fun and boy did we get good deals, but no I won't disclose the exact amount spent. After that we really didn't have much luck in the whole shopping department.
Later that night we enjoyed some Chipotle and began watching the first season of "The Middle."
Sunday I met up with my friend Christa who I've known forever and we enjoyed some lunch while we played catch up and talked weddings. She's getting married in a year and a half and I'm honored to be part of her big day.
I loved having this weekend to myself and soon realized that I really need to be okay with having time to myself every now and then. But I'll admit I really do miss the kiddos and the husband after awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment