We didn't have any plans this past weekend and it turned out to be a good thing because we wouldn't have been able to get anywhere anyways thanks to a little bit of snow we received. There's about 6-8inches of it in our yard and in Duluth that would account for a little snow. It's really not until you pass a good 2ft. of it that it becomes a problem. But in the end we still ended up having to dig out the snow blower and by "we" I mean Josh. My mom called at one point to ask how much snow we had gotten and if I had been out to plow. I had to conceal my laughter as I reminded her that I don't plow, in fact I don't even know how to turn the thing on. There may be some women out there who would be embarrassed by this but not me. I told her "mom, some things are just meant for Josh to do." She replied with "ah, what if you were single and lived on your own?" My response "I would hire someone." It's not that I can't use the plow, I just chose not to. I hate the cold weather so unless I'm heading out to ski I'd rather just stay inside, so I did. I made up for it by picking up the house, doing laundry, dishes, etc. And Lila and I cheered dad on from the living room window. Max had a blast with first winter storm. He was out there quite a few times playing with the neighbor kids, building forts and having snowball fights. He was thrilled! And I was happy to be warm and cozy inside with my cappuccino, Mmmm......!
Aside from the cleaning and plowing of snow we kept busy by watching a bunch of movies we had rented and I even started to address the Christmas cards. A little early I know, but it'll be nice to have them done by Thanksgiving.
Here's to more warm and cozy weekends to come!
I also do not know how to use the snowblower, nor do I care to learn. I will also hire someone if need be. And with Ryan out of town, that is a distinct possibility. I am with ya on this one!! :)
ReplyDeleteNick has been gone the past two winters and I have had to shovel. I think the neighbors can hear me complaining and cursing because someone always comes over to help!
ReplyDeleteLadies some thing are just meant to be done by the guys! I got stuck turning into the driveway a few years ago and I just stood there, pregnant, and trying to kick snow away from from the tires. And then came the man from across the street and all was good:)
ReplyDelete