two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Jealousy Perhaps?

I knew this day would come. In the beginning Max was thrilled to have Lila join the family but the older they both get the more we see their jealous tendencies. It's clear when Lila is jealous. Take for example Max sitting on my lap watching a movie. In walks Lila. Now I know deep down she is really trying to be nice and would like to say "excuse me Max but would you mind if I sat on mom's lap?" However it doesn't typically happen this way. It usually ends up with Lila walking over, screaming at him, and pulling his hair as if to say "get up now before I FREAK OUT!"

With Max he tends to show his jealousy by not listening. He loves Lila to death but at the age of four doesn't quite understand that sometimes babies need a little bit more attention at times. We try and make sure that he is receiving just as much one-on-one time but depending on the day it can be tough. Lately he's chosen to express his feelings through art work. The family drawings include everyone but Lila.

A conversation about his most recent family portrait:

Max: "Wook mom I drew our famiwee."

Me: "Wow that's great. Good job, so tell me about it."

Max: "Dat's you and dad and me and the Chwismas twee and Noman(Norman my brother's dog)."

Me: "What's Norman doing in the picture?"

Max: "Ah uncle Donny dwopped him off on vacation."

Me: "Oh, well where's Lila?"

Max: (PAUSE)"Ah.....yeah, she's at Gwamma Jean's."

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!! Both Max & Lila will enjoy this story when they're older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree--save those pictures w/ notes on his narrative :). Too cute!

    ReplyDelete