Decorating of the tree started off a little rough. Max dropped the first ornament he picked up. Then the first ornament I hung slipped right off the branch and shattered on the ground, and finally Miss Lila walked right on into the tree and there went another. All this in the first 5 minutes. But in the end the rest of the ornaments made there way to the tree safely and in one piece, and in the end it looked BEAUTIFUL! Now if Lila would just stop touching the tree all would be good.
Max's Favorite, Thank Goodness he didn't break this one!
Saturday morning I met up with my friend Emily for "Craft Your Christmas" at her church. Well, actually she had to wake me up. I kind of slept in because I wasn't sure if we were going or not but when the phone rang at 9 I knew I was in trouble. But I was ready in 10 minutes and out the door. It was a lot of fun too. We were able to fill mason jars with yummy treats and make jewelry(which we really worked hard at, it's a lot of work stringing beads)so heads up, some of you lucky family members will also be receiving a "home made" gift. I bet you're all giddy with excitement!
Then came Sunday and more baking, ugh.....! Okay I'm sure some of you out there very much enjoy this whole baking thing, I do not! To be honest the only reason I decided to do all this baking was to prove to myself that I can do it. Well I can(aside from the minor incident with the carmel corn)and now I'm ready to be done with it. It's just one of those things that's way to tedious and time consuming for me. I thought it would be fun to make the Corn Flake Christmas Wreaths, ah....NO! What a mess! If there is some kind of trick to making these please let me know. Josh told me I should make another batch but I don't think so. If I do my next batch will consist of all those ingredients together in a pot, set on the table with a big spoon, and a sign that reads "Help Yourself to the Corn Flake Ball."
After that challenge came the cut out sugar cookies. These actually turned out pretty well but again kind of mess when you have the kids helping with the frosting. Max was having a blast with the decorating but got a little carried away with the frosting at times. I had to ask him where the cookie was a few times.The Help
Sugar Anyone?
The Sneak!
So all in all I got a lot done but the desire to bake more is pretty much gone. I guess it's a good thing I have a grandma who bakes because the rest of the cookies will be supplied by her.
And it's official the first Christmas Card of the year has arrived. Thanks Moser's your photo card is adorable!










Everything looks beautiful & delicious :)!
ReplyDelete