That's how my last week felt as I slept in and spent most days in my jammies with a cup of coffee. But then came Monday January 3, 2011 and that AHH.....feeling has past. I will admit I was not thrilled about having to get up for work. I cried a little inside. The day began with Miss Lila waking up at 6:20 in soaked pajama's. I guess we won't be using the rest of the size 3 diapers that the Sharrows left for us.
After cleaning her up and dressing her for the day I got myself ready before waking Max. We were out the door a little after seven and on our way to Miss Nora's. Lila was thrilled, Max, not so much.
I soon arrived at work to a non-working computer which tends to be a tad bit stressful when you consider that the bulk of my job is spent on the computer when I'm not with a client. So without getting into too much more and expressing my true feelings, let's just say the first Monday of the New Year was a bit rough.
On more positive note we all had a FANTASTIC week at home and kept busy much of the time. I was able to spend time with a few friends of mine which doesn't happen as often this time of year since we're all hibernating in-doors.
Monday was spent hanging out with Auntie Jenna and Mike and searching for some good deals at the mall.
On Tuesday the kids had a playdate over at Wade and Sarah's (our neighbors) while Sarah and I chatted over a glass of wine catching up on the past few months.
Wednesday evening we headed out with the Sharrows to do some hardcore sledding. Well actually the husbands took the boys sledding while Emily and I sat with Lila on top of the hill discussing how dangerous sledding could be as we watched Max just miss a tree and Cole head right for them. Talk about being close to having a heart attack. Sometimes I feel it's better if I just sit at home where I can't witness the actual event. And also because it's much warmer inside. After sledding we headed over to the Sharrows for dinner and spent the rest of the evening visiting, again catching up on the past few months.
Cute-Ness!
Thursday......Hmm, I don't remember Thursday. Clearly nothing exciting happened.Friday we met up with the Hagelins, the Sharrows, and the Smiths for some fun at the Edge Water Park. The older kids had fun, Lila, not so much. She warmed up about the time we were ready to leave which was a little too late. Our ride on the Lazy River was not relaxing. At one point we drifted right past Josh, Lila's screaming and he asks "How's Lila doing?" Can't you tell "She LOVES it!" It was traumatic!I don't think swimming will be in her future.
These two were too funny!
We celebrated New Years at our house with good friends, good food (and drinks), and some intense Wii action. We awoke the next morning to 4 small children running around (honestly I think two is my limit) and the men making us breakfast. We felt no need to jump in and stayed planted on the couch with our coffee while the noisy children continued to run through the house. AHH....Life is Good!
Saturday was our Christmas celebration with the Bucks and let's just say an ER trip was involved.
More to come later!







No comments:
Post a Comment