two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hibernating!

Our mid-week "warm" weather of last week was very short lived. Wednesday was LOVELY! I believe it reached about 50 degrees that day and the sun was out shining all day, it was GLORIOUS! I again broke out the flats and was even able to drive in the car without having to turn the heat on. In fact I'm pretty sure I even cracked the window.

Then came Friday. A day of no sun and wicked winds. I believe it actually started on Thursday because the 30mph winds kept me awake that entire night. I think it was somewhere between 3 and 4am when we heard a crash. Josh immediately jumped up "what was that?" I responded with an incoherent "I don't know!" He then asked "Do you think the grill tipped over, or the side of the deck blew off?" My response, "I don't know and I don't care. If the deck blew off it can wait til morning!" As if I'm really going to jump out of bed to drag a deck or a grill back to the house. Josh of course did jump out of bed to check it out. I'm not sure what it was because by the time he came back I was out. Come to think of it I don't even remember him returning. When I finally did get out of bed that morning it was nice to see that the grill was still standing on the deck and more importantly that the deck was still attached to the house. And no I'm not the one who worries about the deck blowing off the house, that's all Josh.

Saturday and Sunday have been no better. Again the wind is out of control making the cool temps feel even more frigid. Max and I left the house yesterday for Layla's Birthday party at the Gymnastics Academy.
Teaghan, Layla, Max



Max of course had a BLAST playing on all the fun equipment. The pics above are of Max's daycare friends Teaghan and Layla. I've been informed that the girls have a little bit of a crush on Max. But after yesterday I think Teaghan has a slightly bigger crush. Josh of course loves to tease Max about his "girlfriends." If you want to see Max blush, just mention the girlfriends.

After the party we did make our Target run before returning home. Today we made our way to church and that will be it. It's FREEZING! We're back to our hibernation ways for the next day at least. Thanks to the Presidents there will be no work tomorrow.  But we will be off to a well child check-up as long as we don't get dumped with a ton of snow. 

It's time to cozy up with a cup of coffee, snuggle on the couch, and pray the storm misses us!

No comments:

Post a Comment