Now that Max is getting older the days of him mispronouncing words is soon to come to an end. I've already noticed in the past few months that he can now say those "L" and "R" words/sounds almost perfectly. I'll miss that sweet innocence from him. Fortunately for me Miss Lila is taking over. I wish I had a tape recorder to record her many conversations and the interesting way in which she now says things. It's pretty gosh darn hilarious! This girl will chat with just about anyone including dogs and cats. I had to laugh a few weeks back. We were at Grandma Jean's and Papa Don's and Lila was in her glory visiting with Mr. T, the cat. Every chance she got she was right down at his level chatting away. She
LOVES him! However that love is not always mutual, just ask her, she's been snapped at three times. But she doesn't care, she just keeps sending more love his way. Again during our stay there he had reached his Lila threshold and snapped at her. She looked up at me with an expression of horror, grabbed her arm and exclaimed;
"
OOOOWWWW!! Meow
huuuuurt me! Meow bite me!
NAUGHTY MEOW!
Two seconds later she was right back in his face with her high pitched "Hi
MEEEEE-OW!"
Following him upstairs meow sneezes and you hear "Oh bwess you meow."
This girl is such a nut.
Over the past few weeks I've also been keeping track of some of my favorite "Lila words" and my list includes;
- Popsicle = "Poc-a-nul" (this is my all time favorite). The other day Max was watching a movie and whispered something in my ear about transformers. Lila sees this, comes up to me, and whispers "I want a poc-a-nul."
- Coffee = "Foffee" While laying in bed this morning she stood over me with her play cup. I said "what do you have?" She exclaimed "HOT FOFFEE!"
- Waffles = "Faffles"
- Because = "Betuz" (we here this one quite often)
- I don't know = "Ow-no?"
Between our comical conversations with the almost 2 year old and her love for music and dance, Dolly Parton's "9 to 5" is her new favorite, we sure do stay entertained
No comments:
Post a Comment