This past weekend we made the 6 hour drive to Lake Wilson, MN(population 251). Don't ask me where exactly it is because I'm not quite sure. I know we went south and ended up somewhere close to South Dakota. I only know that because we were picking up South Dakota radio stations. Overall the drive there went well(thank goodness for portable dvd players), we arrived in one piece and
finally the sun was shining.
We headed to Lake Wilson to celebrate Great Grandma Cahill's 90th Birthday(this is the great grandma who shares a birthday with Lila). Anyone who turns 90 deserves one heck of party in my book, and that's just what she got. She's so sweet and fun to chat with so it was nice to be able to squeeze in our own private visit on Sunday morning, all while enjoying a cup of coffee. We haven't seen her in years so this trip was long overdue and it was the first meeting for her and Lila.
(Lila and Great Grandma)
(Grandma and Grandpa Buck)
This weekend ended up being a family reunion for the Cahill side of the family. It was fun to see and catch up with Josh's aunts, uncles, and cousins again. Most of whom I had met before but hadn't seen since our wedding many moons ago. I thoroughly enjoyed all the stories about Josh and his cousins and their time in Lake Wilson growing up. I think my favorite was the story of the "death swing." Don't ask because I won't be able to tell it like they can but check out the pic below and you'll probably get the idea.
(You spin while you swing, not a good combination)
Our time there was short but fun. However the drive home, not so much. I was at my wits end after three hours of driving. Miss Lila made the drive challenging to say the least. I was ready to drop her off on Hwy 23. Yes, it was THAT BAD! She was a crowd pleaser at the party, too bad no one offered to take her off our hands for a week or two. "Terrible Two's" have kicked in, big time!
This week is another busy week of work but we head out Friday morning for a week plus vacation and we're both looking forward to getting out of town for awhile. Pray for a smooth car ride. These kids are crazy! If they're not fighting over something(for example a fishing pole that's not even in the car), then Lila is throwing stuff out the window or trying to open the car door. No joke she recently learned how to get herself out of her car seat and unlock the door. I just about had a heart attack this morning.
(
Sigh)A parental get-away is needed in the near future.
Any takers to watch the kids? We'll provide food, lodging, and the pediatrician's number(you already know 911).
No comments:
Post a Comment