two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

summer.

Well it seems as though summer is FINALLY starting to arrive here in Duluth. The past few days have been beautiful, with the exception of today as we're currently sitting at a whopping 55 degrees accompanied by wind and rain. But yesterday looked like this!
I LOVE SUMMER and all plants and flowers that go with it. One of these days I would love to do a major landscaping project in our yard but for now I'm content with the flower garden in our front yard. I can't really take credit for it because it was here when we moved in. But I will take credit for doing all the weeding, laying down the mulch, and planting the two bushes next to the stairs. I wish I was more with the program when it comes to planting but unfortunately I'm not. I know what I like but I really have no clue on how to lay it all out so that it's eye catching when in bloom. As far as what's in the front garden I do know we have Daffodils, Iris, Peonies, Clematis, Hostas and the rest is questionable, especially that big green bush/weed(you can see it in the above picture)? I have no clue what it is. I've attempted to pull it but as of now it's not going anywhere. Perhaps I'll make another attempt to remove it this fall when I plant tulip bulbs.

Aside from planting flowers and doing my best at trying to distinguish what is a weed and what's not, we have also begun work on a vegetable garden. I have to give credit to Josh on this one. We wanted to start one the last two years but just never quite got around to it. But after finding fencing and posts at an estate sale for $8 we thought now was a good time.

Max and Lila(and dad)have also been engaging in some pretty intense water wars. And let me tell ya Lila's brutal! She has no mercy for those walking and/or running by her and she's quick! I've never seen someone so young fill up a water toy so quickly, and her aim is quite accurate so WATCH OUT!
It may seem as though she is innocently standing by the bucket of water but no, she has a plan.
 Lila is now the licensed driver of a Tinker Bell bike so when she's not squirting Max with water she's chasing him around the yard. But he doesn't seem to mind.
Now that I'm at home more with the kids I REALLY do appreciate the nice weather on a daily basis.
Hoping today's rain ends...
and the sun shines again tomorrow!

On a side note I'm always curious to know who our followers are? I know some but not all. For instance I'm always curious to know who our visitors are from New York, Michigan, and Utah? Please feel free to click on the "Follower" button off to the side if you're a frequent visitor. And let me know if you yourself are a blogger. I follow a few blogs myself but wouldn't mind adding more to my list!


No comments:

Post a Comment