two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

training complete.

Guess who is riding a bike without the help of training wheels?

This kid!


I wasn't sure if this task would be accomplished this summer. When I first mentioned the idea of learning to ride his bike without training wheels he had one excuse after the next as to why he couldn't. None of his excuses made much sense so I preceded to remove the training wheels. I thought I can do this. I taught each of my siblings to ride a bike I can totally teach my own son. Well that session lasted a whole five minutes. I tried. I really REALLY tried to be PATIENT but after all the sobbing and "I can't do its" I had to stop. Max is definitely our dramatic child at times and you can expect some kind of meltdown when he's asked to try something new. I don't get it?! The boy will go head first down a water slide and jump on a roller coaster without hesitation but ask him to ride a bike and he's like "WHOA......hold on a minute!" Like I said, I don't get it?!

So after our first attempt I lost all energy to try again anytime soon. Then wouldn't you know a few weeks later I look out the window and he's trying ALL BY HIMSELF! I yelled for Josh and we both watched for awhile in amazement. Josh then went out to offer assistance and a few words of encouragement.

And now we're here.


After a few days of practice we've gone from total meltdown to crusin down the sidewalk.

Well done Maxwell, WELL DONE!


The whole teaching him to ride a bike makes me a tad bit nervous for that whole teaching him to drive thing.

I nominate Josh to take the lead on that one. I still have flashbacks from my own mom trying to teach me. And they're not happy flashbacks.

Perhaps dads are just better at those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment