two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

class of 2024.

Today marked the first day of Kindergarten and this kid was pumped!


We started the day early(this was a bit rough for me and will take some getting use to)by making Max his breakfast of choice, pancakes. But not just any old pancakes, apple pie pancakes with a side of bacon and topped off with a glass of apple juice.  Max was pumped and we were so excited for him. His excitement made the whole process easier on us. Boy I'm sure glad our kids take after Josh because I was just about thee shyest kid ever. Too shy for Kindergarten as I can vividly remember not wanting to get on that bus(by myself)and embark on that whole journey. But nope, not my kids. My kids are the complete opposite.

Once breakfast had ended we made our way upstairs where Max picked out his outfit of choice, jeans and a t-shirt(Star Wars of course). Once we were all ready, it was out the door and up to the bus stop(20 minutes early, did I mention he was EXCITED!).

Lila was excited too and wanted to lend support as well, granted she hauled off and punched him in the arm right after this picture was snapped.


Lila was also excited for Max's big day and while driving home yesterday she stated "I go to school too!" This was followed by Max saying "no Lila you can't go because you're a baby!" Her response, 
"I NOT A BABY!!" And the look on her face was PRICELESS! I told her "no Lila you're not a baby but there are things you have to do before you can go to school, do you know what those things are?"
Her response, "yes, to pee in the potty." Funny how she KNOWS but she won't do it. Hmm...........?


Once we made it to the bus stop the kids came a runnin. Followed by all us parents. It is the FIRST day after all. Don't think you'll find us all making the trek when it's 20 BELOW. The kids can all walk together at that point. As you can see we have quite the crew of kids who take the bus and the nice thing is we all live on the same block, so they all no each other pretty well. Poor Laura is a little out numbered by all the boys. 

The crew.

The youngest of the group.

The send off.

So off he went. I unfortunately had to be to class by 8:30 but Josh was able to meet the bus at school to see that he got to class okay. Josh called to tell me he did GREAT! He got off the bus and said "that was fun!" and when Josh tried to help him get his locker situated he stated "dad, I really need to go now."

So the first day was a SUCCESS! When he arrived home he told me ALL about his day. This included lunch, playing on the playground, and going to the library. Really? From 8-2:30 that's all you did? Clearly you can tell what the more important things were of the day. 

Well here's to a FUN and GREAT first year of school Max...


enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment