two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Monday, September 12, 2011

the cove.

Sunday evening was spent with the Sharrows. All eight of us loaded up on the boat and headed out to our destination. Ryan took us to the alcove and it was PERFECT!

Driftwood fort.


It was a GORGEOUS evening and the kids were lovin it, even if the water was FREEZING cold. Honestly it was painful to stand in but typical kids they didn't seem to mind one darn bit.


Once the kids took off we stuck our chairs in the sand, got the grill going, and sipped on a nice cool beverage.


The lake is AMAZING! Sitting out there all alone(okay not entirely alone)makes it even more peaceful. As much as I dislike our winters(you know, because they last 6 months out of the year)days like this remind me why living here is SO worth it! This lake is like our own personal ocean, it would be hard to walk away from it. When we're here I feel like we're somewhere on the coast......


and you can't find that just anywhere.

And because we're already into September the nice days are numbered. Truth be told I'm not ready for winter at all. In fact, I would love it if the snow and cold just skipped us this year. I'm sure it will skip many people in many cities but Duluth is not one of them. So we MUST take advantage of days like this before the cold sets in. And according to the weather man that day will be tomorrow(sigh).

After enjoying a nice dinner on the beach, followed by cupcakes for Josh's birthday(thanks Sharrows), we let the kids enjoy the frigid water a little while longer before heading back.


Hauling driftwood.

Snorkeling.

And our GORGEOUS evening was followed by a GORGEOUS night.



It's too bad the other 6 months of the year isn't more like this. But I guess that's why we appreciate these days that much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment