two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Monday, September 26, 2011

lazy-ness.

This past week has been all about being lazy.

Early mornings getting Max off to school were followed by snuggling on the couch with Lila and sipping on a cup of tea. And before you know it it's now afternoon, and we're still on the couch. I do feel slightly guilty about this but I find myself getting over it quickly.

Last Tuesday was the end of a 5 day work stretch and I just didn't feel like doing one darn thing. Normally I would jump right into cleaning and picking up but you know, sometimes those things can wait.

Last Sunday we had a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Buck. They stopped by on their way through town and brought the kids a bunch of goodies. A box full of "after school snacks" for Max and a bright pink bag of goodies for Lila too. They also treated us to homemade cheese soup, YUM! It's Ah-Mazing! And Grandma Buck gave me my first Stethoscope, I was pretty excited about this.

Last Sunday was also the day Max was registered for hockey. He's VERY EXCITED about this and was even more excited when he won his very own hockey stick which he insists on keeping in his bedroom. We've been busy selling hockey cards this past week and boy do they go quick.

Not only is Max excited about hockey but he is also LOVING school! Everyday he comes home with new stories about his day. Everything from school projects, to recess, lunch, new friends, what kid got in trouble, etc. I'm looking forward to conferences in two weeks. The other big news on Max's end is that he has his FIRST lose tooth. Naturally he initially FREAKED out about this. A good 20 minute meltdown, no joke. Sobbing about how he doesn't want it to bleed, to I want to keep my baby teeth, to if I wake up with no teeth I won't be able to chew my food(Sigh). He quickly realized that this might actually be a "cool" thing so we've been working extra hard at wiggling the tooth every day.

Now Max isn't the only one with big news, Miss Lila has news of her own. This week she decided that using the potty is now important to her. She has been wearing underwear during the day and has been accident free with both number 1 and 2. I told her that I would take her to the store to pick out a toy if she would like. She said she wanted clothes instead. I LOVE this girl!

I'm planning to have another low key week again complete with a weekend to MYSELF. This is kind of a big deal since I don't even remember the last time this happened. Now that the hunting season has started Josh is traveling down south to Plainview next weekend and will be taking the kids seeing as how I work on Friday night. I had planned to head down there on Saturday morning but then Grandma Buck said that she would watch the kids and I could have the weekend to myself. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! I LOVE my kids but like for most moms my breaks are few and far between, and we all need those weekends to rejuvenate and find our balance once again. I'm looking forward to getting things done at my own pace and spending time with the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment