two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

max's room.

Max's room is FINALLY starting to come together.

We got an AWESOME deal on a his new bed which I LOVE!

His old bed took up a little too much space and in this old house the two kiddos do not have large bedrooms. However we did keep his old bed because, well it's just that OLD. And very cool! The new bed also worked out perfect because of all the shelving and storage. We were able to get rid of the bookcase which created even more room for him to play.

Dresser purchased over a year ago at an estate sale, curtains and hardware purchased at either Target or Walmart a few years ago, shades from JCPenney, and rug from Ikea also a few years back.

We stuck with the original quilt I had bought four years ago at Target. I love the colors. It was always on his other bed but didn't quite fit since it was a twin size quilt. Now it fits PERFECT! My friend Sarah had another matching quilt from the same collection and since she upgraded her son's bed to a full she had no use for it, so a few bucks later it belonged to Max.

Books old and new(Dr. Suess is a favorite around  here). Wall letters from Michaels.


This kid LOVES camping and fishing so we stuck with that. He had quite the collection of prints(collected over the years)that fit well. Three of the prints came from the Sivertson Gallery here in Duluth. I highly recommend stopping by, lots of neat things. Years ago we paid to have the largest one framed and then I painted two extra frames I had lying around to go along with the color scheme in the quilt.

My favorite print(from Gma & Gpa Buck, not sure where it was purchased).

Most everything in his room we already had. The only thing I really added were a few prints that I ordered(inexpensively through a printing company in MN)on a Styrene mounting with a linen texture.

Toy bin from Target.

He was pretty thrilled with his "new room" but insisted I add the hockey stick to complete the job.


So there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment