two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Monday, November 28, 2011

thanksgiving weekend wrap up.

Hmm.......I guess it's been awhile since my last post, a long while.

I feel slightly guilty about this but truth be told I just lack serious motivation at times. I have good intentions but gosh the idea of actually sitting down at the computer with Lila hanging off the side of me while trying to type just isn't that appealing. I follow a few blogs where there seems to be daily blog posts and I envy those of you who find both the time and motivation to blog on a regular basis. I also thank you because I very much enjoy your blogs. I shall try and do better.

Well we arrived home last night after a four day weekend in the cities for some Thanksgiving fun.

Thanksgiving day started bright and early. I was out the door by 7:30am and on my way to work. It was so sad. I will always have holidays to work as long as I'm working in the hospital, it just comes with the territory. Seeing as how both Christmas and New Year's fall on a weekend and it's not my weekend to work I knew Thanksgiving would be my holiday. Initially I was fine with it(the double time in pay helps)but when it came down to it I was quite bummed. I took a chance and for the first time ever put my name on the ATO list and hoped that my 12hr shift would be cut in half. The page came at 2:30 telling me I could leave at 3:00. YAY!!!!

Gosh I was SO HAPPY! I didn't even care that my family had already eaten(I told them to go ahead with their plans since I was scheduled a 12)I was just so beyond thrilled to be arriving in the cities at 5:00 versus 11:00. So I arrived home to HUGE plate(piled high by Josh)of all that AH-MAZING Thanksgiving food, and within a matter of minutes I inhaled just about all of it. I'm not going to lie, it was pretty impressive.

Now I'm not one of those crazy Black Friday shoppers(I enjoy my sleep at night, I really do. I have no desire to shop during those hours)but we did engage in a little shopping on Friday. However we only hit up small business shops in downtown North St. Paul and I even managed to grab a few more Christmas gifts along the way.

Fun with lip gloss, the girl LOVES lip gloss. A mini fry(I don't why but this cracked me up). Fun with old trains, and the sparks added even more excitment. An airplane ride and time outside.

Saturday was a day all about the kids as they were treated to day at the Mall of America, more specifically Nickelodeon Land. Max was all hyped up and ready to ride the roller coasters. For four hours that's all he did(with Josh). I don't know how he does it. How does a 5 year old handle such rides? He must lack that part of the brain that triggers motion sickness. I almost died at one point when I called Josh to find out which ride they were now at(Lila was in the middle of her 3rd potty break)and he replied "were at the coaster the drops and spins around." WHAT?! I honestly thought he was kidding and then I was cut off. I made my way to the ride of death and that's when I found my parents, standing below the ride. My dad had this big ole smile on his face while my mom is standing there saying "I can't even watch!" Within a matter of minutes Max comes running towards us yelling "did ya see me did ya see me?" Somewhat hard to see ya Max with all that plunging and spinning going on. I said "Max, don't you ever feel sick on those rides?" He replies "No. Well I thought I was going to puke on that ride but it was SO FUN!"



So while the boys enjoyed their roller coaster fun us girls hit up the American Girl Store. Where was this store when I was growing up? That would of been my dream store. We spent some time in there looking at all the dolls that Lila said "looked like her" and played with the Bitty Babies. I see a future birthday party at that store, for Lila not me. Although I was slightly reliving my childhood a little while I was in there. We also discovered that not only is Lila afraid of Santa but she's also TERRIFIED of the Wonder Pets(you know the duck, turtle, and hamster). Not on TV, she LOVES them on TV however in person is a whole other story. We came across the GIANT duck and turtle who many other children were running up to and hugging. Not Lila. Nope, Lila SCREAMED and SHOOK with fear. Literally, I thought she was having a seizure. My mom I couldn't believe it, it was awful. So note to self there will be no future birthday parties with costume characters.

Balloons, bumper cars, spinning coaster of death and many more rides that were not caught on camera.

To end our weekend Josh and I snuck away to see the New Twilight movie(he was thrilled). I enjoyed it just as I have the first three and I think he enjoyed it as well, I mean I didn't hear any complaints.

And now it's Monday. Max is back in school, Josh is at work and Lila and I are still in our jammies. Eventually I will need to leave the house for cat food and a trip to Kohls but I'm not quite there yet.

This week we will be busy decorating the house, baking, planning out menus for holiday meals, and hopefully ordering Christmas cards(yes I still have to do that). But first things first, I hear a cup of hot tea calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment