two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Monday, February 20, 2012

finding a balance.

My longest absence yet. I didn't even look at the date of my last post but I'm guessing it had to be close to a month ago. It's been a little crazy here, to say the least.

This nursing program has completely taken over my life! I'm only a month into it but it feels more like month three. It's been fun, exciting, exhausting, and completely overwhelming all at the same time. It's a tad bit terrifying.

Since all this began the little bit of a social life I had no longer exists. I miss it and it's been somewhat of a struggle trying to figure out this new routine of wife, mom, employee, and now full-time student. Trying to balance it all is not easy. I'm giving full credit to Josh. He's been AMAZING! He's the new mom, the new cook, the new chauffeur, he does it all. He's mister mom for the next 50+ weeks(not including summers, I'll take over then). I hear from all those who've gone before me that it SUCKS! For the whole two years, but in the end it's worth it. So GOD please let it be worth it!

I'm doing my best to stay calm and relaxed. Some days are better then others. Take a few weeks back, the day was Tuesday. The alarm went off at 5:30am and I crawled out of bed at 6:00. Yes, I need 30 minutes to wake up, always have, always will. And yes after 8.5 years of marriage Josh is still annoyed by the alarm clock going off a dozen times every morning. Anyways, I crawled out of bed, woke up the kids, got myself and Lila ready, and we were out the door by 7:15 on our way to Nora's. On the way there I realize I'm almost out of gas, no biggie I'll fill up after I drop off Lila. Get to the station and no wallet(sigh). Get to school, run into classmate who states "what are you doing here so early?" Ahh........class, at 8:30. "No 9:30." WHAT!! I would tell you what I said but it's probably not appropriate. It's now 9:30, class has begun, books are out and of course I have the wrong edition to one of my books(it was not updated on the sheet given to us at orientation). Strike 3. It's now lunch time and Josh drives over to Superior to meet me at the gas station so I can make it to work and then back home later that night. Fill up, get in the car, and why does it smell so strongly of gas? Oh yeah, because it's on my PANTS!! COME ON! Get back to class no need to announce I was back because you could smell me. Fortunately my teacher provided me with a new pair of scrubs to wear(after we interrupted the 3rd semester students who were in class, I can only imagine what they were thinking). So yeah some days are better then others, however that wasn't one of them.

Aside from school we've been busy with hockey. I was actually able to make it to a practice session a few weeks ago and attend tournaments two weeks in row. Grandpa Don and Grandma Jean came up for the first weekend of tournaments which made that day even more special. And after the games we went out to dinner, Hibachi style. The following weekend Grandma and Grandpa Buck came up so they too were able to cheer Max on at his tournaments. The men even had some time to do some work on our third floor and Grandma Buck helped me figure out my dosage calculations(THANK GOD we have nurses in the family). I now feel 99% confident that I will pass the test with 100% the first time. So thank you Grandma Buck!

Somewhere in the midst of school, work, and hockey I turned 31(I swear I just turned 30 yesterday). No big birthday plans this year. To be honest I was so busy I kept forgetting it was my birthday. Josh treated me to a new coat from United Colors of Benetton and a sushi dinner. And thanks to family I'm very close to purchasing my ipad(I'm kind of excited), however I do worry that Josh will be playing with it more then me.

I miss my weekly blogs but gosh I'm just way to exhausted by the time I'm done with the everything to sit down and type.

This week is pretty low key mainly because I did not have my 8 hour class day today, THANK YOU MR. PRESIDENTS! I'm also FINALLY over my 10 day bought with viral tonsillitis(it was AWFUL), Max has the week off school(seriously these kids get way too many breaks), and between all the studying and paper writing we're also in the planning process of Max's 6th birthday. And I know it's still a month away but I'm REALLY looking forward to spring break.

Hopefully my next post will be less then a month from now.

Hockey fun, birthday party rock climbing, Lila's Valentine's flower from daddy, my flowers, and ride fun.


Our annual parent's night out with the gang from Nora's. So FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment