Over this past year I've been home much more throughout the day. I feel as though I'm more of a stay-at-home mom again, which is great and definitely has it's perks but I also knew we would need some summer activities planned if I was going to make it through the summer without losing my mind. For nine months I was a stay-at-home mom to one child but now that school is out I'm back to two. Most of the time they get along just fine and invest their time in their own individual activities but we also have the times where they get a little too close to one another. Those days are not good because all I hear throughout day is "Lila hit me," "Lila don't sit by me," "Max said I can't do_______," "Max yelled at me," "Lila get your feet off me," etc, etc. It's one, big, broken record. I mean really folks this list could take up an entire blog post. And it's on those days that I want to rip my hair out. But hey, we made it through June so we're doin good. Now here's a sneak peek of what our first few weeks of summer looked like.
Weeks 1 & 2: Swimming Lessons
Swimming lessons has become a yearly thing around here. Max LOVES to swim and always has. The boy has no fear of water which I love because the water and I don't really get along. I had no concerns about Max not doing well, in fact he did GREAT! Passed his level no problem. It's fun to watch him, the excitement on his face says it all, and I love how he constantly looked to make sure I was watching. He of course wanted to jump right on into the next level but that'll have to wait for awhile because we have we more activities to come this summer.
Miss Lila had also expressed interest in swimming this year. Much of this is due to Max's involvement in activities. Max played hockey so Lila wanted to play hockey, Max is swimming so Lila wants to swim, and so on and so on. I was a little hesitant on how this would pan out. Lila is much more cautious when it comes to water. I explained to her what she would have to do, as best I could for a 3 year old to understand. She assured me she would do it, she would get in the pool. Day 1 was the day to see if in fact she would. It was the make you or break you day. She walked on over with her class, loving the idea of having a "teacher" and sat down. Things were going well and she sat there quietly with the rest of the kids, then comes the parent with the screaming child and her dad sits her right down next Lila. REALLY?! That girl wasn't having it and within a few seconds came the tears from Lila. I went over and reassured her she would have fun and within a minute her sweet "teacher" picked her up and took her into the pool. From that point on it was smooth sailin.
Champ.
They just had to stand in the circle. I especially got a kick out of their little "poses" once they got up there.
WEEK 2: Father's Day
In between our two weeks of swimming we also enjoyed some fishing on Father's Day.
Once she settled on a spot she then preceded to yell "DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
We were surrounded by bees while fishing but they were more interested in the flowers then us. But if you got too close they did this.......
and this didn't go over well with Lila. For the record this was an accidental photo catch. As you can see she's TERRIFIED! but I can't help but laugh every time I see this.
Instagram Fun: Bob, Lila thought he needed a necklace, summer fruit, mom and max, watermelon on the deck, and a cool iced coffee.
Week 3: BBQ, Beach Fun, and a Bridal Shower
Last week we snuck in a BBQ with a few of my nursing friends from school.....
along with a trip to the beach with Emily, Cole, and Grant.
Grant & Lila.
This small beach in Cloquet is so fun, the kids just LOVE it. And on the plus side you pay only a small price to get in, $9 for the three of us and you can stay as long as you want. TOTALLY worth it!
Max & Cole.
This past weekend we headed to the cites for Jenna's Bridal Shower. One wedding down and one to go, and this one is coming up quick. We headed down on Thursday, spent Friday preparing, and Saturday was the day. Josh was able to get down to his parents and took the kids to visit Grandma and Grandpa Buck which worked out well since a shower is pretty much for the girls. Everything went well and we were lucky enough to be indoors with central air. The 90+ degree temps were a bit much for a lot of us, but we were able to sneak in a few pics outside before it got too hot.
Sisters.
Abbey, Maija, Jenna, Lavania, Alexa, & Me (Minus two).
There you have it. Three full weeks of fun. Feel free to check back soon, there's more fun to come.
We're hoping for more warm sun-filled days along the way and Lila would love a few more visits from this little guy. She's constantly wanting to "play with him".
Happy Summer!





















Omg I love the pic of Lila w/ the bee - girl after my own heart. Mat loves to relay the story of the first time he took me running in Chicago - towards the end he led us through a field of wild flowers buzzing with bees. About dead center I just couldn't do it anymore, stopped & screamed "I HATE THIS!!!" & ran the opposite direction totally scared out of my mind.
ReplyDelete