There was a steam engine running that day so the kids were pretty excited as we "raced" neck and neck up the shore.
We made a pit stop along the way at a local candy shop and indulged in a few sweet treats. I myself have a total sweet tooth, so at 31 I am just like a kid in a candy shop, in fact I may be worse than the kids.
We hiked our way through Gooseberry, stopping for a picnic lunch on the shore, and quick cool off in the lake.
Our two summer weddings have come and gone but boy were they fun. And Max was excited that we were able to sneak in a trip to the MOA so he could spend his hard earned money at Lego Land and enjoy a few rides.
Today, the last day in August (yes, this post was completed a few days ago) means school is starting up next week for Max. We got a late start shopping for school supplies but Max and I completed the task last night. However, due to my procrastination we had to hit up two stores. Target has always been my go to store for just about anything but sadly they did not come through for me last night, in fact they were completely out of half of the supplies we needed. This also didn't go over very well with me as it had been a long week and really all I wanted to do was relax on the couch. But in the end we did succeed. The backpack is full, school clothes washed and ready, now all we need is the first day to start.
Summer sports are also coming to an end. Lila's first season of soccer ended this week and she will soon be starting dance. Soccer continues for Max through September and from there we move into hockey. With our schedules being so busy between our jobs and my schooling I know some must think we're crazy adding in the kid's activities on top of all that, but I feel it's important for them to have their "thing," to be involved with others, and express themselves. It's their outlet. Plus we live in Duluth, our winters are very long, so winter activities are kind of a must.
Helping make pancakes.
As much as I love our summer days and feel as though summer is way too short around here, I am looking forward to fall. To cool breezes, leaves changing colors, and warm cups of tea. Speaking of tea, my mom and grandma bought both Jenna and Mike and Josh and I cast iron tea pots from Teavana as a wedding shower/anniversary gift. Teavana recently opened at Maplewood Mall and I LOVE it. They sell all loose tea and it's sooooooooooo................................................................GOOD! When we were given the tea pot I was even more excited.
I was told my grandma had a lot of fun picking them out, and each one has a meaning. Our teapot has elephants on it which mean family and the holder underneath has a dragon which means protector of the home. I love the meanings behind them both, they're perfect.
If you have a Teavana store close to you and you enjoy tea, I highly recommend you stop by. Beware, it is a bit spendy but worth it. The kids even love their blueberry bliss iced tea, which we now make at home.
So here's to late nights of studying with a cup of tea on the side.










No comments:
Post a Comment