two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

catchin up with max.

We're just about halfway through the school year and Max is still lovin it. We're working hard at reading(something he had very little interest in last year)and it's paying off. I wouldn't say reading is favorite subject by any means but he's definitely putting in more effort this time around.

He continues to me by sweet, sensitive one, who likes to snuggle up next to me more now than he did as a baby. He still strives to be good and feels awful when he has to be reprimanded(thankfully this is not often). He's made new friends this year, but many of his friendships have continued from last year as well. He's quick to share his daily stories from school and loves to show off his A+ work. I love when he comes home after a Friday spelling test, I'm quick to ask "Hey Max how'd you do?" and I love when he replies "You are going to be SO happy!" I'm happy regardless but I love how he says that. And the look on his face is priceless, he's so proud.

He continues to be involved in Scouts and is enjoying it, plus he looks pretty stinkin cute in his uniform, reminds me of a little park ranger. He's also eager to try out some more downhill skiing so we're planning to squeeze that into winter break.

He has three very loose teeth, that have been loose for about a year. Stubborn little buggers, they're puttin up a pretty good fight.

About a week or two ago he learned to tie his shoes, dad deserves a pat on the back for that one. He picked up Max from dance one night(Max is never thrilled to have to wait there), I arrived home an hour later and he was tying shoes. I was IMPRESSED. Max had never really shown much interest in this, and was always quick to give up after about try #2. But now, now he ties his shoes everyday.

His current (non-academic) interests include:
  • Legos and building anything with them.
  • Anything army related.
  • Drawing, and he's good. I love seeing his drawings, they're so detailed. On Sunday morning while at church (and I'm not saying I'm proud of this) he drew an entire city on the front of a church bulletin, it was impressive!
  • WII games (age appropriate of course)
  • Movies (same goes for that). We recently saw Wreck it Ralph, which I must say was pretty cute.
  • He's also eager to try hunting but for now that'll have to wait.
The one thing Max cannot handle would be blood and scary movies. No joke, the boy becomes physically sick, gagging almost instantly. Max and Lila, complete opposites in this area. The girl is not phased by scary movies or blood (for the record Max takes after Josh and Lila takes after me). I had to laugh because a few weeks back we were having a discussion in the car about scary movies. I went through the whole they're not real, it's just a movie, etc, etc. Lila quickly replies "yeah Max, it's just a movie, it's not real." To which I replied "right Lila, just like the people who are dressed up as the Wonder Pets at the Mall of America, it's not really a GIANT hamster(more on that story another time)." She quickly glares at me out of the corner of her eye and states, in all seriousness, "I don't like the wondew pets, and I don't like Santa eithew, thewe scawy." I could do nothing but laugh. For the record Max has no fear of people dressed up as characters nor does he fear Santa. Those two, I tell ya.

Max continues to be sweet to his sister, for the most part they get along great together. He was meant to me my first, he's an awesome big brother. He genuinely cares for her and looks out for and for now, she's cool with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment