two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Friday, December 28, 2012

lila lately.

Three and a half and growing up quick, gosh I wish the years would slow down a bit. I want her to stay little, they grow up too quickly that I start to forget what they were like just one, two, three years ago. I was happy to start this blog, to record things from those years, but you can't record everything. But I have to admit, it's fun to look back on the old posts and reminisce, and I reminisce frequently.

I LOVE the age of 3. The halfway point from being a toddler to a school-ager. I love their personalities and I especially love hers. Her sweetness, energy, sneaky-ness, imagination, innocence, I love it all.

Lila Jean, she's a busy one let me tell ya. She continues to be my early riser, I would say her average wake-up time is around 6:30 and upon rising she's quick to ask "where's the ipad?" She's slightly addicted. Before the rest of us are fully awake, she's playing games, drawing, or watching one her favorite Netflix shows. She also knows how to work Facetime so my apologies to those of you on our contact list who may receive a 6:30am wake up call.

These days she spends most of her time between home and Miss Nora's(when I'm in school)and she never complains of being bored. At home she definitely finds ways to keep busy. You can frequently find her playing house with her baby dolls and stuffed animals, and it's quite comical. She just recently started asking for baby dolls which I for one am LOVING! I was all about the baby dolls growing up, not those, what do you call them......barbies? NO, not barbies! I couldn't stand barbies, just ask my mom. Lila does have a few, mainly the princess barbies but now that she's wanting baby dolls I'm pretty pumped. I'm not gonna lie, I find myself living vicariously through her. I can't WAIT for Christmas(wink). Lila recently asked me for a REAL baby and well, that just isn't going to happen. She then asked for a puppy and that isn't going to happen right now, so she'll have to settle for the next best thing which will arrive on Christmas morning.

Like her brother Lila loves to draw and color. Her favorite thing to draw at this time are rag-a-muffins. I bet you didn't know there was such a thing or that you could even draw them, well there is and you can, and they look like this.


The first time I saw her draw one I said (with a giggle) "oh cute Lila, is that a cat?" She looks at me and smiles, "no, it's a rag-a-muffin."

Aside from drawing she loves to read. She's happy to have a book read to her or she'll even read one to you, which I always enjoy. She continues to love the "Olivia" books, there's just something about that pig. During one of our readings there was a picture of Olivia and her mom (also a pig) sitting on the beach in their swimsuits. When we turned the page Lila exclaimed "look, that's me and gwamma Jean!"   Hmm..................I'm sure Grandma Jean would be SO happy to know this. So a picture was taken and sent, along with a text and we soon received a call from Grandma Jean laughing, hysterically.

This fall Lila started dance, something she had been asking to do a few months after turning 2. She LOVES it! And I have to say for 3, she does quite well. We don't get to watch too often due to how easily distracted 3 and 4 year olds get, but here's a few pics I've managed to sneak along the way.



Instagram pics.


Instagram pics.

She had her Christmas show this past weekend and had no problem getting on stage and dancing away. I too started dance at a young age but boy was a shy, oh I got on stage but I was hell bent on not making eye contact with anyone, so I stared at the floor while I danced. Lila must take after her dad.

Pics are not great but here's a few from her Christmas show.

Aside from dance and playing house the girl loves to help cook. She quickly pulls up a stool to the kitchen counter and begs to help out with the pouring and the mixing, anything that she can get her hands into.

She loves to get dressed up, have her nails painted, and for the most part is willing to let me do her hair.  She prefers to wear her hair down but there are times when I insist she wear it up, for example at dance class. Her request is usually that of a "high pony" and God forbid do not try and do pigtails or a braid once the "high pony" request has been stated.

She still loves to cuddle, which we love too. She continues to have a love for animals, shoes, and shopping(she's totally my daughter). And she knows just how to make her dad melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment