It's been a week. We returned home late on Monday night from our weekend of camping and dove head first into a busy week with very little sleep in between. To make the week even better the kids shared their cold with me. When it was just Max I thought, meh, it's probably just allergies. Once it hit Lila I knew. By Tuesday I could feel it, desperately trying to take me down, but I ignored it. I thought, no big deal, the kids were fine within three days, and were able to function just fine. By Wednesday I new, this was not good.
Each morning I dragged myself out of bed to get the kids to VBS by 9:00 and prayed the drugs would soon kick in. I sat through the final test of my summer class not giving a damn. I always take my time with tests, if we're allowed 2 hours, I take 2 hours, ALWAYS. Not this time. Forty minutes later I hit submit, see my pathetic score(insert eye roll), see my final grade(pleased), and walk out.
Thursday was awful. Popping drugs left and right to keep the body aches at bay, even my teeth hurt. It's never good when your teeth hurt. I ripped apart the cupboard knowing I must have cold medicine somewhere. I have everything for the kids, everything, so I must have it for us too, NOPE! I reached the point of desperation, as my entire body hurt, the fever kicked in, and I could no longer endure the hacking cough. I grabbed the bottle of childrens cold medicine, turned it over to see how much I could take, and read "FOR 12 years and YOUNGER." I was too sick to react, instead I pondered drinking half the bottle thinking, it's gotta do something, right?! Well, being that I like to keep my over the counter drug experimentation to a minimum, I threw the damn bottle back in the cupboard, and sucked down a few more Tylenol. I then pulled myself together, packed a lunch, picked up the kids, and took them to watch the Tall Ships sail into our city.
These ships are amazing.
The misery continued late into last night. My face was on fire, the thermometer read 100.2, and my entire body was shaking. I climbed into bed, making myself comfortable by laying in the fetal position, and pathetically asked Josh to rub my head. I'm sure he was more than thrilled to be laying next to me. My body burning up and aching head to toe, a hacking cough, and snot running down my nose, what's not to love? I scream, hey babe, let's cuddle. Trust me, I was SO HOT(literally)!
And now, now I plan to spend the next few hours on the couch, complete with a book,
and a warm cup of tea.
So sorry you felt like crap. But there's a silver lining--I thoroughly enjoyed this post! :) Good one!
ReplyDeleteLOL! Thanks Roz.
ReplyDelete