two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

a fall hike.

In order to soak up every last warm fall day that we possibly can, we took this past week to get on out and hike our way through Hawk Ridge. Due to our long lasting winter this year it was only fair and right that summer hung on for a little while longer. Its been great. Last week we were still sitting comfortably in the 70's complete with sunshine.

So before all the wedding hoopla began, Miss Lila and I ventured out on Friday and took in an abundance of color.



We walked the road and cut through trails,



and as I snapped away,


she snuck through the trees,


gathered some leaves,


and skipped across the big rock (and naturally there was a trip along the way).

Sunday turned out to be just as nice and so again we ventured on out, back to the ridge. The four of us.



We did some bird watching.


stared at this for THEE longest time, wondering if it was real. It's not.

We then stumbled upon the release of some birds which the kids were begging to be part of.


Max's chickadee flew off a bit too quickly for me to catch with the camera, so when Lila's sparrow was up for release, I was ready.


The wind, rain, and colder temps are beginning to take over now and so I'm guessing our warm fall days are coming to an end.

As we move closer to November we have pumpkins to carve, costumes to be worn, and a handful of Christmas gifts to purchase. That's right, I'm going to be ahead of the game this year. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I just found your blog and am a new follower :) these pictures are gorgeous! I love Fall, but sadly we don't really get it here in FL. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found us, and of course feel free to follow:-) FL......we are quickly approaching the time of year that I would LOVE to be in FL! Our winters tend to last a good 6 months:-(

      Delete