That word best describes our life over the past month and it's starting to get old! But there is always a light at the end of the tunnel and I think the chaos is finally starting to ease up a bit which I am very thankful for. I wish I could say it's all been a fun kind of chaos but no. It's that time of year where the fun starts to wind down and the real world busy-ness picks back up.
We had a GREAT summer doing lots of fun things and I must say that through it all the weather up here was perfect! Nice, perfect weather is hard to find in Duluth at times. Last summer our average temp was around 60 degrees, but this summer was a hot one and we loved it.
However, these last few weeks of summer have been full of the not so fun things like work. No we didn't take a break from our jobs, but as most of you know you do tend to set aside a few more vacation days for those summer months. Work for Josh has been especially busy as the students all returned a few weeks ago. On top of work, I finished my summer class, took a two week break, and jumped right on into my fall class. I suppose I should mention for those who do not know (and most don't) that I finally decided to go back to school for nursing. I've always wanted to do something in the medical field ever since I was in high school. My original plan was to attend Augsburg College and complete their Physician Assistance Program. But then my senior year I take my first Psychology class and change my mind. I have no regrets because I have learned a lot over the years doing work in the field and these years have allowed me the time I needed to really make a clear decision about returning to school. So here I am 7 years after graduating from UMD starting over to complete the RN program at WITC.
So yes, between work, and more work(on Josh's end), school, kids, etc. We are very much in need of a break and thanks to Nora we will be getting just that this Friday.
To recap on our weekend at home we didn't do much. And that was fine by me. But Josh's parents came up for a bit on Saturday and surprised Josh with a canoe for his birthday. He was pretty thrilled and Max got a kick out of sitting in the canoe while it sat in the front yard. We are now looking forward to our many canoe trips!
No comments:
Post a Comment