two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Decisions!

So here we are again, that time of year when it comes to deciding what to be for Halloween?

Personally I'm not a big fan of the holiday, never have been, but I get excited for the kids. Max is now at that age where he definitely has a say in what/who he would like to be for Halloween. Last year he was a fireman, that was his third choice and final decision. Of course at that last minute he wanted to be Spiderman which was not going to happen. All year he's talked about Halloween and how he can't wait to be Spiderman. About a month ago my mom called to say she picked up a Spiderman costume at a garage sale, perfect! I hate the idea of spending tons of money on costumes they will only wear once, so it worked out nice that she found the costume for $1. Shortly after she found the costume she gave it to Max, his response was "oh coow(cool), but furst I have to be Batman." AH, WHAT?! No, no Batman. I mean come on, all year you ask to be Spiderman and now you have the costume and suddenly Batman's cooler, no! Turns out the costume didn't last long. He soon insisted on wearing it all the time and ripped the mask. But I was determined to replace the mask so I logged onto ebay, hit search, and there popped up a whole costume, his size for $9.99. Now normally I'm not impulsive but it was ending in 1 minute so I bid and I WON, and then I realized it was coming from HONG KONG, CRAP! For two weeks I thought I had just been scammed but after many emails we FINALLY received the Spiderman costume. I show Max, he tries it on and says "mom I wiwwy(really)want to be a ninja tuurtle!" Okay, apparently the boy is unaware of what I went through to get this Spiderman costume that he had been begging me for ALL YEAR! And I'm still getting emails from "Ellen" in HONG KONG about the stupid costume. Thanks Ellen I got it just like I told you in the last THREE emails! The Ninja Turtle costume will just have to wait until next year.

And in case your wondering Miss Lila is going to be a bumble bee. There was much less drama associated with her costume and I must say she looks pretty stinkin cute in that fat little bee suit. However she's not too keen about seeing herself dressed up so we will be avoiding all mirrors on Halloween.

2 comments:

  1. Ben, Lucien, Sam and Monica are all going to be Ninja Turtles! Guess who I'm going to be?? She has red hair and wears a yellow jumpsuit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Roz, you'll look AMAZING! gosh ninja turtles really are back. We'll see if Max still holds strong for next year. Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete