These four words are used in our house multiple times a day because of the one year old who just can't keep her little fingers away from it. Weekends are by far the worst due to the fact that we're stuck inside most of the day and well, it's just way too tempting. As I'm sitting on the couch in walks Miss Lila(who of course is up to no good)and immediately starts playing with ornaments on the tree. I calmly say "Lila please stop touching the tree." She, of course continues. "Lila, stop touching the tree or you will be on a time-out." She continues to play with the ornament all while looking at me as if she's daring me to make the next move. I start in with the whole 1,2,3 method(which she doesn't quite understand yet).
"One...."
She continues....
"Two...."
Still staring me down....
"Three!"
I get up and place her on her time-out spot and explain to her why she is there.
Once her time-out is over she walks on over to the tree and again begins to stare me down.
"Lila if you touch the tree you will be back on a time-out!"
Instead of "touching" the tree with her hands, she very gracefully leans her entire body into the tree. Are you kidding me?! Again, she's back on her time-out spot. I now explain to her that if she continues to be naughty and doesn't listen she's going to go to her bedroom for the next time-out. She stands up, looks at me, and now proceeds upstairs. As if to say, "fine, I wanted to go up there anyways."
She soon comes down and decides that she will stand right next to the tree. I look at her and tell her she needs to go play somewhere else. She continues to stand there and again I begin with "one, two, three." I now stand up and as I walk towards her she quickly gives the tree one last swat with her hand and takes off running down the hall.
I think my mom secretly wished that I would have a little girl just like I was at that age.
I'm sure we will have many more challenges to come.
Lila's time-out spot.

No comments:
Post a Comment