two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Something New to Taste!

Last was a date night. Not for Josh and I but instead for Emily and I. We had planned to get together for dinner sometime this week and agreed to try a new place. She informed me of a new Japanese place that had opened up and since I had been wanting to try Sushi for quite sometime, I was all in.

We arrived to a packed place around 7. The atmosphere was great. Modern and up beat.

When it came to looking over the menu, which was about 6 pages long, I had no idea what the majority of stuff was. The menu translated some but not all. Thank goodness Emily brought her phone because we soon began a Google search. Our first order of the night was Bubble Tea, Mango Bubble Tea. It was very tasty other then the interesting things floating on the bottom. I thought they were coffee beans until Emily got a taste of one and informed me they were tasteless and chewy, close to a blueberry but not quite. She kept insisting that I taste one but after seeing the expression on her face I just couldn't.

When it came time to order we went with the Dynamite Roll(cooked)and the Phoenix(raw).

Prior to our meal arriving I noticed that our only utensils were chop sticks. Hmm....well this could be interesting. We joked about how we HAD to use them because everyone else was, and it was really our only option. Once the Sushi arrived I did my best to pick one up and it turns out I DO NOT like Sushi.

You literally have to shove the entire thing in your mouth too which made it worse. I was really hoping I would like it, but no. It was rough. I got the first one down thinking okay I just need to warm up a bit. In the end I think I ate 4 and really only because I had to pay for it. But really I just wanted to GAG! After the fourth one I looked at Emily and said "I can't, I can't do it anymore." So the food was not for me but the conversation was fun as always. At one point I dared her to try the Wasabi, she did, just the tiniest bit and her reaction was priceless as she began downing the Bubble Tea as fast as she could. Taking in a few more of those chewy things (we later learned they were Tapioca).

I was of course starving as we left and was very THANKFUL for the 24 hour Mcdonald's I came upon on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment