Oh winter......I'm already tired of you!
It's this time of year that our driveway tends to shrink width wise due to the excessive amounts of snow we have. Our driveway is already quite narrow so the snow definitely doesn't make things any easier. As I arrived home for lunch yesterday I parked my car on the opposite side of our driveway. Normally I park on the side closest to our house but for whatever reason I decided to park on the other side, next to our neighbor's yard. Josh and I both left to head back to work after lunch and within a minute of him pulling out of the driveway I went to back out myself. I put the car in reverse, ever so slightly turned the wheel, and there went the front passenger wheel of my car right into the little dip buried under the massive amounts of snow plowed over it. CRAP!
Okay I thought I can do this, no need to call Josh. I'm FULLY capable of digging my car out of some snow. I grab a shovel, step onto the heaping pile of snow which initially felt quite firm but then I fell and now had snow up to my knees. GREAT! The ONE day I'm not wearing boots. But I dig and dig and dig some more (the whole time wondering how many of my neighbors are getting a good kick out of this) and NOTHING!
By this point I'm cold, wet, and a wee bit mad. I knew other measures needed to be taken.
"Josh, I'm stuck in the driveway!"
Josh: "What? How?"
Me: "Does it really matter how at this point?! I need HELP!"
He soon arrived home, laughing (that didn't really go over well with me) and began to dig me out.
I was soon FREE and on my way back to work. When my car was finally freed I couldn't believe the massive hole that was left. It looked like I was stuck in a ditch. Josh arrived home that night shaking his head when he walked through the door. I asked what? He said " I just don't even know how you managed to do that." A phone call soon came in from my dad after saying "Hello" I hear "Do you still need help getting out of your driveway?" I followed it up with "Yeah well at least I didn't hit your truck this morning." My mom had a little trouble backing out that morning.
I'm thinking the sooner the snow melts the BETTER!
No comments:
Post a Comment