two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

easter weekend fun.

He's Risen!

And so did Lila at 5:50AM this morning, UGH! For whatever reason she has been getting up 5:30 the past few mornings. It's really starting to get old so I hope she can find it in herself to start sleeping in. But anyways back to this morning. Well once Lila was up so was Max because for Max Easter is much like Christmas. He was not able to fall back asleep and once he saw his basket of goodies he exclaimed,

"WOW! I must of been on the East-or bunny's good list. That was very nice that he came to our house."

I always get a kick out that kid too because anytime he's given a gift regardless of what it is he'll usually say "WOW! I've always wanted this." He's such a character.

Since our morning started off early we figured we may as well attend the early service at church. And let me be the first to say that due to the kids early wake up, it was completely exhausting. The service itself was great but we were seated in a row of chairs (we were a little late, just because we're up early doesn't mean we're on time) in the back and apparently our children don't know how to properly sit in chairs without moving all over the place. If we're in a pew it's fine because they're confined by other people but chairs, it's like a free for all. Once communion ended I high tailed it out of there with both because I was on the verge of screaming.

We then enjoyed the delicious Easter brunch but that too was cut short on account of the tiredness of one (yes this happens when you're up too early), and the rambunctiousness of another. We were wiped by the time we got to the car. Lila in her cuteness was trying to be funny and I almost laughed, almost.

The remainder of our day has been spent napping and hunting for eggs.


Over the weekend we also enjoyed coloring eggs and the kids were showered with a bunch of goodies from the grandparents. Two big boxes arrived for them this week so you can just about imagine their excitement. Toys and candy galore.

 Yes the purple egg met the floor before the carton.




Amongst all the chaos this morning we unfortunately did not get "Easter Pics" and once we arrived home Max tore off his nice clothes (as did dad) and threw on jeans and a t-shirt so yeah, no pics. I did attempt to get some of Miss Lila but lately she hasn't been 100% cooperative with things, she decided to throw herself to the floor and lay there while I snapped a few and to be honest I was not in the mood to argue.

Kids, you gotta love em!


No comments:

Post a Comment