Ah......... I see it's been awhile since my last post, I guess our life hasn't been too interesting over the past week or two, I blame work. I love working at the hospital but when I'm there I lose all track of time, and days for that matter, it's as if they don't exist. My first long stretch of hours there was over a month ago now and I remember thinking never again will I work four days in a row. Well clearly I didn't learn because I decided to pick up a few shifts over the past week and there I was again working now a full week in a row having only one day off. The sad thing is that I didn't even realize it until my last shift, there's that day and time thing getting away from me again.
This past week was pretty low key once I made it through Wednesday. Thursday morning I received a call from my friend Ashley. We'd been meaning to get together with the kids for well over a month now and wouldn't you know our schedules just wouldn't line up right. Well she called to invite us to the gymnastics academy for some playtime. When I asked what time is starts she replied with "9:30." I looked down at myself as I sat in front of the computer still in my pajama's holding my fresh cup of coffee yet to be sipped, and gave a quick glance back to the computer to see the time of 9:15 staring back at me. I replied back with a "yeah......we're not gonna make it." It was then decided that we would meet the next morning. Yes there are times where I really do NEED a 24 hour notice.
We were up bright and early Friday morning (thanks to Miss Lila) and headed on over to Ashley's where us girls enjoyed a few cups of coffee and more then a few "healthy cookies". Ashley wasn't impressed by them but they really were good, Lila and Signe even enjoyed a handful. Melissa and her girls also joined us that morning and we were sad to learn that they are moving in a month to South Dakota. We're happy for them but bummed we won't be seeing Teaghan and Serre anymore.
The morning was fun and the weather was pretty close to perfect for this time of year. Josh showed up around the lunch hour to swap cars since he was leaving for his brother's for the weekend to help him work on his house. He was sweet and surprised me with flowers since he wouldn't be here on Mother's Day. My "other gift" was a new vacuum (just what I've always wanted). It was much needed since the Oreck gave out, eight years is a good run. And I will say that I am very much enjoying the new Dyson.
Later on Friday my mom arrived for an over-night visit. We took the kids out to dinner that night followed by some quality time spent at the house. Lila was up bright and early the next morning yelling
"AH JEAN" from her bedroom, yes she is still on a first name basis with Grandma Jean. We hit up an estate sale and few garage sales the next morning and then visited a little while longer back at the house before she left to go back home.
Mother's Day started off early, 5:30AM. Both kids were up at this time which meant I was up at this time. Max was cute and insisted that I should "sleep in" because it's Mother's Day and that's what I did last year. Too bad Max can't cook breakfast and tend to Lila's every need, if so I would of totally taken him up on that sleeping in offer. He's going to be a GREAT husband to a very lucky lady someday.
So we snuggled on the couch and Lila and I sipped on a warm cup of raspberry tea. The rest of our day has been spent watching a few shows, playing with legos and building many sound structures, and we even snuck in a game of Hungry Hungry Hippos. And now we sit, waiting for dad to arrive home with an abundance of food.
Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there, but especially mine!
No comments:
Post a Comment