two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

noisy cooperation.

Thursday we made a trip to the dentist.  Now I don't mind taking the kids to the dentist because Max actually thinks it's pretty fun. I guess I would too if I was able to lay back and watch a movie while having my teeth cleaned. Max did great and I was happy to hear "NO cavities" from the dentist. I'm not going to lie I was a little worried since we had been letting him take the lead in brushing his teeth over the past few months.

I also decided to take Lila with and warm her up to the idea. She has all her teeth and she enjoys having them brushed so I thought why not. She did well watching Max and thought everything was pretty cool. However when we sat in the chair it was a different story(think back to her haircut). You guessed it, she SCREAMED. However it wasn't as traumatic for her as the haircut. And because she was screaming her mouth was WIDE open for the dentist to get a good look at her teeth. No actual cleaning took place
(I don't think I could hold her down that long)but he said that everything looked good, no sign of cavities and we should continue to bring her back every six months.

On the way out the hygienist informed me that they expect her to scream the next few times as well they call it "noisy cooperation." I guess it's a nicer way of saying "the child is FREAKING out!" I like it.  I think that term may stick with me for awhile.

They both walked out proud with their new tooth brush pack and a toy. In fact the hygienist got a kick out of Miss Lila's little walk and stated "Oh she's walking proud now!" Oh yes she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment