two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Friday, August 12, 2011

lila.

Oh Miss Lila where do I begin.....?

She is our little miss personality. Full of hugs, kisses, I love yous, a sassy walk, and of course a few eye rolls along the way.


She is forever by my side, my little shadow. As soon as I mention I'm going somewhere I hear "I come wif?" It doesn't matter if I go to the store, or take the garbage out, go upstairs or down. Heck, I can't even go to the bathroom without hearing "I come wif?" I have never quite understood the whole bathroom fascination with kids. But then Lila can't go a day without getting into something and the bathroom is the perfect place for her to do just that. We've already had the occasional plugged toilet due to the massive amounts of toilet paper she threw in. Not too mention lotion on the walls, toothpaste all over the sink and carpet, oh and my feminine products stuck all over the place(yeah that was fun).

She does a fine job doing things she shouldn't but she's also a pretty good helper when I need her or don't need her. She enjoys helping with laundry and loading the dishwasher, okay she really just enjoys pushing all those buttons but hey, you gotta start somewhere.

She LOVES to talk on the phone and insists on doing so anytime I am on the phone. She even has it narrowed down to who I talk too and will go through the list "I say hi Gwamma Jean?" No, it's not Grandma Jean. "I say hi papa, I say hi Jenna, I say hi honey(honey is what she calls my friend Sarah)..."

She still loves to draw and paint and has recently taken interests in puzzles, she too is pretty good at them. She still loves to eat, however we take in smaller portions now that we're getting older. She's learned her limits. And she continues to eat just about anything we still have yet to come across something that she doesn't like.

She loves to talk and does so much of the day and she talks very well for her age. She also insists on saying "hi" to everyone we encounter out in public. And come on people, when a 2 year old says "hi" would it kill you to say "hi" back. It's sad when she looks up at me and says "mom they not say hi."

She LOVES Max and we're now at the stage where we mimic everything our older brother does. I find it quite hilarious. She loves to play and do what Max does. For the most part he's very good with her and doesn't seem to be too bothered by it but we've also reached the stage of picking on each other and driving dad and I CRAZY with the constant tattling, screaming, and arguing over every little thing in the book. For instance songs. Did you know they each have their "own" song? Well they do and when they hear "their" song on the radio or the ipod they make it known which naturally turns into an argument because the other one screams "no it's MY song!" Hey guess what it's NO ONE'S song! And off goes the radio.


I had to laugh yesterday when we had a family photo shoot with Emily Law at Flom Designs and Photography. When she was working with the kids I heard her say "Lila can you hold Max's hand?" I thought hmm......good luck with that seeing as how on the way here she screamed at him for looking at her. But they really do love each other and I feel confident that Emily got some AMAZING pics.

When she's not screaming at her brother she really is sweet, and I love her sweet-ness. She still loves to cuddle up close next to you and who doesn't love that?! She continues to have a great love for animals(obviously), her stuffed animals, baby dolls, clothes and shoes. OH how she LOVES shoes. I see a potential problem in the near future.

If there was anything I could change about her right now it would be getting rid of the diapers! UGH, I'm so tired of changing diapers, I want her to be potty trained so badly! She's great about wearing underwear and was good about sitting on the potty but then she became stubborn, oh yes, this girl is STUBBORN!! I know I have to be patient and not push so I haven't. I'm letting her take the lead, but it's so hard. For now I will step back and hope she finds the will somewhere deep down inside her to use that potty.

As I sit here typing with her on my lap, looking up at me with a messy face and mischievous glare, I wish she would stay this age forever. I really do love the age of 2.


But she's growing up and as much as I want too I can't stop that.

So I hope she always hangs onto that Miss Independent thing she has going...


and maybe even her touch of sass.

No comments:

Post a Comment