two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Friday, October 28, 2011

weekly review.

The busy-ness around here continues and I'm beginning to think that it's here to stay, at least until Christmas. Speaking of Christmas are we really only 8 weeks or so away? (Sigh)I'm so not ready for Christmas yet. It bugs me when we have yet to reach Halloween and there's the department stores, one big light show all decorated for Christmas. Too early for me. But for whatever reason I found myself sitting down creating our "List of Gifts" for family and friends. I've given up on saying that I'm going to "start early" this year. I say that EVERY YEAR and guess what, it NEVER happens. But this year I've decided to make a list of gifts, buy them all in one shot, and call it good. And this is the first year where I'm actually planning to buy close to all the gifts online. I've never shopped online for such a large quantity before so wish me luck!

Okay enough talk about Christmas, let's focus on what's really important, HALLOWEEN!

The kids are pumped, WAY pumped! Max has come home with an array of pumpkin art projects each day and they were even able to help Miss Anderson carve a pumpkin for their class. They took a trip to the Tweed Museum on Wednesday and visited the planetarium and today is their school carnival. But even more exciting was the fact that they got to wear their Halloween costumes to school. Max was so EXCITED about this. Again this kid is the complete opposite of me. I was far too shy to dress up in costume for school and to be honest Halloween wasn't much easier on me.

While Max is away at school Miss Lila and I have been busy getting her costume in order, I'm excited to see her in it and I give her props for thinking of this costume on her own. I've also been entertained by the little miss this week. Recently she has become hooked on the movie "Annie" and yesterday morning she acted out the opening scene while I was at the computer, I just about died!! This girl needs an agent.

Walking past the living room the other day I hear "hey mom" and this is what I see....don't ask, she's Josh's child.

As exciting/entertaining as her performance was what's been even more exciting is the fact that she has been potty trained for just over a month now, YESSSS! It's been AH-MAZING! I haven't bought diapers since August. You can cut that out of our budget!

So let's see......potty trained check, Halloween costumes check, now on to pumpkin carving.

Next to picking out costumes(and thinking about all the candy we'll get)this is the next exciting thing. We dived on into the pumpkins last night, pulling out goo and carving away. And we followed this up by baking all those pumpkin seeds. Josh and the kids had never tasted the salty good-ness but they loved it. The snack went over well as Lila gobbled them up by the handfuls. Not sure if you know but those little pumpkin seeds are a very healthy treat.

The low point of my week came yesterday. I was walking out of Target and there it was, snow, falling from the sky. Not a good sign, well unless you like it. Don't get me wrong I like snow but not 6 months out of the year and around here the earlier it starts the longer it'll stay. BUMMER, because it is only October.

But cold days and nights=warm cups of tea around here so good thing I'm stocked up!

Currently stocked with Bigelow's French Vanilla(my new favorite) & Vanilla Chai along with Aveda's Comforting Tea.


Looking forward to a weekend of snuggling on the couch with my cup of tea with a little bit of work and studying on the side(okay so I'm not really looking forward to that part).

Oh and look who was there to greet me when I went to grab the mail the other day.


maybe winter will hold off for a little longer. Or one can wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment