two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

for josh.

Let me just start this post off by saying that you probably won't be seeing too many of these posts in the blog archives. But I'm stepping up as a wife and doing my wifely duties by admitting that maybe Josh got it right(just this one time).

It all started with a new find at one my favorite local shops, The Checkered Corner. You may remember me mentioning this shop before because it's where we purchased Lila's bed. I LOVE this store. It's only open one weekend a month(I so wish it was more)so I try to take full advantage on those weekends. We missed our opportunity in September so this month I was sure to make it. Josh had taken the day off work so he too came along for the ride. Now this store has way too many cute and unique things to pass up so naturally I always find something. And I did. I spotted a cute old wall shelf and instantly new it would look perfect in our bathroom. Plus our bathroom has had no decor over the years so it was desperately calling my name. And the reasonable price tag made my decision to purchase a tad bit easier. I also snagged a cute sign on the way out, just for the heck of it. Remember, it's only open one weekend a month.

Now Josh has become use to my old and unique purchases over the years so this one was nothing new. There are times where I get the eye roll, you know, the one where the husband stands there thinking "Oh Lord what is she going to do with that?!" Oh don't you worry, I always find use. Luckily this time we were more on the same page so no eye roll, YES!

I had it all planned out. I knew just what wall I wanted it on so while Josh was at work up it went. Now "my spot" ended up being a tad smaller then I thought but I wanted it to work so I left it. Wouldn't you know as soon as Josh came home I got the whole "Ah yeah.....I don't like it there. I'm going to bump into it.....hang it on the other wall.....!" Heck NO! I like it where it was. So I kept it there for a few days to see how it would work. And wouldn't you know over the next day I bumped into that shelf twice. CRAP! He was right. Ugh, I hate when he's right! So I gave it a few more days until he brought it up again and yesterday was that day. The day I reluctantly gave in, swallowed my pride, and moved it. And you know what sucks even more, it actually does look ten times better on that other wall.

When he arrived home for lunch I proudly told him that I moved it and that maybe he was right, because maybe I bumped into it a few times myself. As we both sat there, laughing, he stated "this better be a blog post." So fine, here it is. Let it be known that on October 24th, 2011 Josh was right! Ugh, this is so embarrassing. But I love ya so of course I will say it, again YOU were right!



No comments:

Post a Comment