two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Friday, May 18, 2012

a sun-shiney day.

It appears as though summer has arrived early here in Duluth and I for one am THRILLED!

I LOVE it! This past week has been absolutely GORGEOUS, aside from the one day of rain but hey, we can use a good down pour every now and then. Plus there's the added bonus of not having to water all the plants and flowers.

Lounging, hiking, sweets, summer shoes, rainy days, and school fun.

Things are settling down here a bit now that I'm done with school until August. Well that's not entirely true because I do have two summer classes to take but after this first semester of classes two will seem like a walk in the park, or at least I hope. I enjoyed this first semester but boy do I need a break, this is one intense program which I'm sure you've picked up on a time or two due to my severe lack of blogging.

Storms, fat cat in a tiny basket, random fun, Josh's new toy which is constantly flying around the house(I wouldn't mind it flying out the front door).

Since school has ended I've managed to keep busy by picking up a shifts at work, by the way I experienced my first CODE BLUE the other night while alone with a patient. That had been my biggest fear since starting at the hospital and on Tuesday night it came true. It was pretty awful so it would GREAT if it NEVER happens again!

I'm enjoying being at home with the kids more and looking forward to the warm sunny days ahead, along with future trips to the beach. The nice weather has also allowed for us to enjoy walks by the shore and a hike here and there. We recently took a hike up to Hawk's Ridge on Mother's Day where along the way Max just had to pee. So in true male fashion he chose to do so along the side of the road all while I encouraged him to make it quick before a car drove by. No cars but we did get a biker, that's great Max. However he was quick to inform me that since they are biking they shouldn't be looking off to the side, only straight ahead, and plus mom it's rude to stare at people. Hmm.............................................................well there you have it.

Hawk's Ridge.

The garage sales are now in full bloom as well and we've been having our fair share of them around here. Lila and I managed to hit up a few today snagging a few good deals along the way. Due to our extended time outside today in the 90 degree heat I also picked up my first sunburn of the season, time got away from me while planting flowers. Oh flowers, how I LOVE them too. I find myself going a tad bit crazy this time of year hitting up the green houses, I just can't help myself.

Mother's Day breakfast, time outside(notice the 2yr. old butt crack), backyard tree, and marigolds.

A few other high lights from the past month and half include:
  • A trip to the theater to see the play Cinderella(Lila's big into the princess phase as of lately).
  • A trip to the cities for my friend Christa's bridal shower(looking forward to the wedding next month). We also snuck in a bit of shopping and I SO wish we had an H&M here in Duluth. Cute clothes for men, women, and kids, and GREAT prices. You can't ask for anything better. 
  • Spring Sing at Max's school.
  • Coffee visits with friends.
  • Soccer sign up for both kiddos. I love the name for Lila's team, "Little Netbusters."
  • Swimming lesson sign up.
  • And a bunch of other things that I can't remember.
And just like every year our summer is quickly filling up. Between weddings, bridal showers, camping trips, birthdays, sports, class, and work I don't see much downtime, but hey that's summer and if the weather continues on like it has, there will be very little complaining on this end.

A north shore walk.

Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment