two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

easter weekend.

Again another month has slipped on by since my last post(sigh). I needed a break from all those books and papers and blogging seemed to be the thing. So I will force myself to ignore the many care plan tabs starring back at me along with the fundamental exam information running through my head and catch all you readers up on our past month and a little bit of Easter fun.

I believe my last blog was during my spring break, ahh..........................spring break, how I miss thee. You came and went all too fast.

That week was GREAT and much NEEDED! My mom had called weeks before asking if they could take the kids for a few days while I was on spring break, ahh........................................YES PLEASE! And really at this point, one doesn't need to ask. So while the kids were away I treated myself to a morning at the spa for a cut, color, and an hour massage, it was HEAVENLY! I tried to stay away from the books as much as possible seeing as how it was spring break so instead I got together with 3 of my girlfriends who I had not seen in..................................................................well a long time. I feel kind of bad especially since some of us kept in touch almost daily and saw each other close to weekly but they've been GREAT, and hopefully we'll still be friends when this school thing is all said and done(insert smile).

That same week I was also able to slip away for a fun photo shoot with Nora. As some of you may remember Nora has been watching the kids since we moved back to Duluth, and this summer Nora(or Miss Nora)and Jay will welcome a baby boy. We're all pretty EXCITED!






Looking forward to more fun pics over the next few months.

Since that week it's just been well, busy. But hey that's okay, by now we're kind of use to it.

We had a 2 week stretch of crappy weather. Cold, rain, and clouds for TWO weeks. It was really starting to get old. Fortunately spring arrived this week, HELLO SUN!! We've had sunshine just about everyday this past week and I LOVE it!! I love having the sun beat in through the big bay windows. I find myself going to every room in the house pulling up the shades. I feel as though we don't see enough of it this time of year so I must take full advantage.

Lila and friends on recent outing.

Lila had been begging me to buy chalk so she could "draw outside" so we hit up Target a few days ago and did just that, it was after all a sidewalk chalk kind of day..........

 Yes, she picked out her own outfit, does so just about everyday.

and there was no way we were going to pass that up!


Aside from the hustle and bustle of school I spent a good chunk of the past week preparing for Easter. Easter is the one holiday where we don't travel back home and that's okay, because spending the day just the 4 of us, has kind of become our own little family tradition. Between church, brunch, coloring eggs, bunny gifts, and egg hunts we manage to stay pretty busy.

Colored eggs.

And just like any other Easter we started out the day bright and early to make it to the 8am church service, followed by their AMAZING Easter brunch(YUM)!


I love Max's big cheesy grins.


We arrived home to an exciting egg hunt..........

Lila insisted on only picking up the pink and purple eggs.

followed by a bunch of studying(for me), and ended the day with a delightful steak dinner, compliments of mister mom..........


and a bit more "drawing outside."

And yes, she chose her footwear.

Tomorrow we dive head first into another week and I'm hoping for sun and warm temps, we'll see how lucky I get. I don't know about you but we're ready for more sidewalk chalk days, trips to the beach, late night walks, and even a few skinned up knees(just ask Lila, she managed to fall and scrape up the same knee within a matter of 5 minutes. Truth be told I don't see her as captain of the track and field team).

Here's to another week..........


hope you have a good one!

Weekly instagram fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment