Wedding bells they are a ringin, especially this summer. 2012 is the year to get married, or so it seems.
Last Thursday after attending a picnic lunch for Max's last day of kindergarten (hello 1st grade), we headed to the Twin Cities for my friend Christa's wedding.
Max and his best friend Jack. Last day of kindergarten.
Christa and I go WAY back, all the way to sixth grade. So it really does feel like we've been friends forever. In junior high we were not only in the same class for three years at our very small, private, Christian school (8th grade graduating class of 12), we also played basketball, volleyball, softball, and were cheerleaders together during those years. Not too mention many slumber parties and shopping trips as well. Our friendship continued through our high school years even though we attended separate schools but after graduation we both made our way to UMD and always lived relatively close to one another. Christa was a bridesmaid in my wedding and I was honored when she asked me to be one in her own. So Thursday night we all came together for the rehearsal, Friday was the Groom's Dinner at Buca's in St. Paul, and for the record it was AH-MAZING!! Oh the food, it was DELICIOUS! I highly recommend a visit for any of you who live down there and even for those who don't. We will for sure be heading back!
Saturday, well that's when all the fun began! My hair was done by 10:25am thanks to my wonderful and very comedic cousin. I was out the door by 10:30 and arrived at the St. Paul College Club by 11:00. On a side note I did make a pit stop at Caribou, okay and another at Chipotle(yes, it was necessary because it is delish and more importantly I was STARVING!. Well that and we still do not have one in Duluth, so I always take advantage when we're in the cities). I slammed that burrito down while having my make-up done (still waiting for that pic to show up on facebook) and by noon we were all dressed and ready for pics to begin.
The day was GORGEOUS, a tad on the warm side at 92 degrees, but still BEAUTIFUL!
The girls in the wedding party were so incredibly fun and we spent the morning being pampered and sipping mimosas. Christa looked BEAUTIFUL and Paul incredibly handsome, and I just couldn't get over his red shoes. PERFECT TOUCH.
I LOVE the look of the St. Paul College Club. A GORGEOUS mansion filled with vintage and antique furniture and fun rooms through out.
Sparkly shoes.
Getting ready.
Bright and bold flowers.
Photo for guests to sign.
A touching speech given by the maid of honor, her sister.
Congratulations again Paul & Christa. We wish you much happiness in the years ahead.
In between all the wedding fun we managed to sneak in a few other fun activities while in the cities. On Friday morning the kids took a trip with Great Granny to their most MAGICAL place, Toys R Us. The trip was a bit more for Miss Lila who is a week away from turning the big 3, but as always granny was not about to have Max leave empty handed. We did of course have to remind him that he needed to focus on toys of a smaller nature which he was fine with. I will give the kids credit because they both do quite well when the other has a birthday. At the end of our shopping excursion Lila decided on a doll house and a my little pony. Max decided to go with some cowboy action figures. I love how imaginative that kid is. There are days when my entire living room is filled with army men, cowboys and indians, along with all their little accessories. All engaging in one huge battle. It's pretty intense.
Friday afternoon we made our way to Lakeville to visit with Jerry, Molly, and Sam (Josh's cousin). We wish you nothing but the best Sam. Enjoy the college years!
Before making our way home to Duluth we ended the weekend with a BBQ and wished Miss Lila a "Happy Birthday," princess cake and all.
Family
More birthday pics to come so stop back soon!








No comments:
Post a Comment