Saturday morning started early. Jenna, Lila, and I were out the door by 7:30am and on our way to Caribou. Caffeine is a must on the day of your wedding, plus Caribou is a big fave of ours, not to mention Jenna has been working there since high school so there's a pretty nice discount that comes with that.
We arrived at the church by 8:00, joined by all the other girls, and started in with hair and make-up.
My cousin Cassie is in cosmetology school and has been doing a few trial runs for some of us over the past few months. She brought with 3 friends, who she also attends school with and they were fantastic! I've never been all that great or creative when it comes to creating hairstyles but watching them was just amazing, it's an art, and I'm always in awe. Plus you know they're amazing when they are able to get a 3 year old to sit still for some cute curling and braiding. Lila struggles with letting me brush her hair so to be honest my hopes were not high. She's also particular and prefers to wear her hair down on most days. The girls knew this ahead of time and came up with the perfect style just for her.
The dress.
The hair. I love it!
Gettin glamorous.
The make-up artist was fantastic as well and you can just about imagine Lila's excitement over this. No, we did not pile a bunch of make-up on the girl but the lady did excite her by putting some "shimmery" shadow on her eyes.
Grandma
Me and the lovely bride.
Mom and Grandma lookin fabulous.
Mom's flowers with a memory charm, her sister on one side and her brother on the other. Max and Jenna.
Once we were all ready things moved pretty quick. The ceremony was beautiful and the reception tons of fun. Dinner and dancing(including our own wedding party interlude dance to start things off)and of course the speeches. I'm not going to lie, that was so incredibly nerve wracking for me. Not only is public speaking completely, 100%, out of my comfort zone, but I also don't like to be the center of attention. So standing in front of 200+ people was a bit overwhelming(good thing I just finished my public speaking course a few weeks before, whew). It was also a good thing I had that glass of champagne before hand, plus I wasn't wearing my glasses so everyone was kind of blur.
Max lookin so handsome. When Lila first saw Max she states "he looks like a little man."
Go time.
The night was so much fun. Max enjoyed his many trips to the open bar, for root beer, and Lila danced the night way. She was hysterical. She quickly found her dancing partner, Mike's 5 year old nephew and they were quite the pair. He was twirling her, she was doing her ballet poses, it was all very serious. To be honest they kind of stole the show. When I asked the next day what their favorite part was about the wedding Max replied "all the root beers I got to have" and Lila "uh, when I danced like a princess."
Jenna's bouquet was gorgeous. Very vintage, full of vintage and antique brooches, Grandma B's handkerchief, and a memory charm of Grandpa W. It was BEAUTIFUL!
We wish Mike and Jenna nothing but happiness in their future together and God's blessings along the way.
Love you both!
More pics to come.







No comments:
Post a Comment