two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Monday, August 27, 2012

mike & paige.

A few months back I was asked by a friend if I would be interested in taking pictures at a wedding. Initially I didn't know what to say. Don't get me wrong, I love taking pictures and I was flattered but I don't consider myself a professional photographer by any means, and again this was for a wedding so kind of big deal. I think my first question to Ashley was "so are these people pretty laid back?" She reassured me that they were, that they had already seen a few pictures of mine, and they were interested. So few months later I met Mike and Paige, and they are GREAT!

We went over details and I again made it clear that I do not consider myself a professional photographer  but that didn't bother them. They truly are a fun-loving, go-with-the-flow couple. Funny and kind, the three of us were a perfect match.

I invested in some new equipment and last Friday was the big day. Well, last Thursday was also fun because earlier that week I received a phone call from Paige's sister asking if I would surprise Paige by showing up at the cocktail hour the night before. And she was surprised. It was a fun night of family and friends in the garden of the Scenic Cafe, right off the shoreline.





It was the perfect night that led to the perfect day.

I arrived at the Sheraton around noon on Friday. This was fun, not only did it allow for me to take those "getting ready shots" but I was also able to get to know Paige and her sister Erin a bit more before the other girls arrived. Paige is so sweet, she insisted that I take advantage of all the AMAZING food they had catered in that morning from some of our delicious local restaurants and cafes. And it was delicious!

Paige & Erin. I learned that Erin is a hair and make-up artist in New York for all those awesome Broadway shows, how cool is that?!

Bride & Groom attire.

The wedding took place at the beach house on Park Point. So fun! And I absolutely LOVED all their vintage/antique decor. For those of you who really know me, you know how obsessed I am with vintage and antique items. I think we were meant to be friends.


LOVE the window frames and antique mirrors.


Such a cute idea.


The girls were all so fun. Plus it was an added bonus that I knew two of the bridesmaids.








Gorgeous bouquet.





And the guys, they were fun too.



Their ceremony was sweet and intimate.


Mother and son.



And the night led to more fun, special toasts, more amazing food, and of course some dancing. 











Congratulations again Mike & Paige. May your life be filled with happiness and many blessings along the way.

1 comment:

  1. Saw a lot of these on facebook...they. look. awesome.
    You did such a great job. I was wondering if you were shooting a wedding soon---as I saw some of your pins on pinterest that were wedding photo related. :) Hope all is well--am guessing you are gearing up for another year of school. Go kick some butt! All the hard work will pay off! Still wishing we had a Duluth address... perhaps some day!! :) xoxo Roz

    ReplyDelete