two kids & a coffee cup.

two kids & a coffee cup.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

lila as of lately.

Oh Miss Lila, where do I begin?

Well let's see..................................she's all of 2yrs. and 9 months but at times I feel as though I have a pre-teen on my hands. She's quite the handful which is okay for now but I'm hoping she mellows out a bit as she gets older. She's full of energy 99% of the time and her downtime is when she is sleeping. I hate to have her out of my site because when this happens she takes full advantage of the situation by invading the cupboards for "snacks", smearing toothpaste all over the bathroom sink, coloring on the walls(no joke in the past 2 days I've found three different walls that have been marked by Lila), and changing into yet another outfit and we're not even into afternoon yet(this is getting really old).

In between her sneaky-ness she's quite the entertainer. We routinely see scenes acted out from "Tangled," "Blues Clues," and whatever else she's in the mood for. Costumes are a MUST, along with princess shoes.

Half-time hockey entertainment as she alternates b/w kung-fu and dance moves. Yes she really does have this much energy on daily basis. 

Speaking of shoes we have quite the fashionista on our hands. Do not bother buying this girl a toy for she has no interest. Hand her a gift card to Old Navy and she'll spend it quick. She LOVES clothes and shoes and is very particular on what shoes(or boots)she wears with her outfit(s) of choice for the day. For the most part I don't argue, why? Because it's not worth it. However I have continued to remind her that we ONLY wear ONE outfit a day! We do not change our underwear, pants, and shirt every time we use the bathroom(which in her case is A LOT)! I cannot even begin to tell you how much laundry I've done for this child because I can't tell what's clean and what's not.


She continues to be my little helper, LOVES to color, read(favorite books include "Olivia," "Waddle," & "A Dark Dark Room, talk to Nora about this one), play dress up, dance, talk on the phone, and cuddle. You can always count on Lila for a good cuddle.

I'm encouraging her to continue to work on her listening skills, as in "please listen the first time." She is stubborn at times and knows when to push your buttons. For example when riding in the car she becomes upset about something not going her way, so when we pull up to our destination I open the door and ask her to please get out and she closes her eyes while her body goes limp. Think "Dennis the Menace" the scene where Dennis is being dragged out of the car by his mother, oh yes, we've had those days.

So Miss Lila if you would just master those listening skills all would be WONDERFUL!

Oh and yes, Lila and Bob have come a long way. He's accepted that she will at times torture him but as long as she gives him treats......................................................


all is good.

1 comment: